Chapter Fourteen

HARRY STYLES

I hated that trip, I always felt out of place. Even more so that Niall would not go this year, he said that he had managed to get rid of the trip with my father because his father was sick. It was a fair and understandable reason indeed. But I would miss my friend on this trip that I knew Louis and Liam would do anything to make me uncomfortable. I was lucky to have Olivia next to me, she always saved the front seat next to the teacher for us to sit.

Before getting on the bus, I handed my phone and headphones to Zayn who smiled and thanked me for it. His smile was beautiful to see. But I erased that thought from my head. I had decided that after that kiss I shouldn't entertain any thoughts about him or I would go crazy. I was going to get engaged to Olivia soon, I couldn't keep that absurd desire on my roommate. It wasn't fair to her that she had always been a true princess to me. She always loved and respected me.

She intertwined our fingers when I was next to you on the bus. She leaned her head on my shoulder, took out her cell phone and showed me the drawings she had made for a collection for Art class. I smiled proudly at her, stroking her hand and trying with all my might to focus on what she was saying even though my face wanted to turn back and see if those golden brown eyes were on me.

I wished it were. I wished he'd been looking at me the whole trip.

My mind even put your hand where Olivia's was. His tattooed fingers, that hand that had the "Love" tattoo written on it. I bit my lip and let my fingers run lightly over the outline of the tattoo, his eyes came up to mine and they were pitch black. That very dark shade of brown, the same shade it was when we kissed in the bathroom. His lips were soft in a crooked smile that made him look sexy.

"Harry, it's tickling. Stop it! — I woke up from my thoughts with Olivia's voice, then I saw that I was contouring her hand as in my thoughts.

"Sorry." I smiled, kissing her cheek.

"So... This top, what do you think of this color?"

Damn, what top? God, Styles, watch your girlfriend!

"Whatever color you want will be perfect, I'm absolutely sure of it." I smile wider. -  "I need to go to the bathroom."

So I stand up, feeling eyes on me but ignoring them all. Not looking at anyone and focusing only on getting to my destination: the bathroom at the end of the bus.

I hear murmurs, but I don't listen to any, they were just murmurs as my steps got faster for me to reach the end. And if I hadn't been aware of the hallway, I would definitely have gone flat on my face like I had many times over the years. Louis had that same obsession, putting his leg on when I was going to pass.

It was nothing new. He needed to change tactics, it was boring. I jumped over his leg without even looking at his face, heading to the bathroom and when I finally got there, I released all the air I had been holding since the moment I got up from my seat. I entered the seat that wasn't as small as it used to be on other buses, it was a more sophisticated bathroom. My father always wanted to give the best to his students.

I turned on the faucet and washed my face, even running some of the water through my long strands, untangling a few curls. I pulled my hair all back and tied it in a bun, staring at my face in the mirror. Inhaling and exhaling, wishing this traveling hell would be over soon. The truth I was tired of knowing was that I myself couldn't bear to listen to Olivia talking about clothes for hours, she wouldn't stop and didn't seem to get tired. It was sad, because my duty was to enjoy listening to everything she said. But every time I touched her, she pulled away.

I was a terrible boyfriend. I should improve to be a great husband, at least.

Enough thinking about Zayn Malik. This was an excellent start.