Anything for you

Gabriel pov

It has been 4 weeks since our last attack. Nathalie can no longer use her legs...only because of me. If I wasn't so selfish, I wouldn't be in the current situation. If I took away the miraculous, she...she wouldn't have been sick anymore, but still, I let her continue, even though I knew the consequences of her actions. I'm sorry Nathalie....Emilie, I wasn't strong enough...

Nathalie pov

I am a failure. Because of my weakness...Gabriel can't reach his goal...if I was stronger I wouldn't have gotten here. Now he is alone again. Only because of me...I'm USELESS! USELESS! USELESS!.......and now that I can't even walk...how should I help him? Gabriel, I would do anything for you, even if it means sacrificing my life...I will help you to the end to bring Emilie back...at any cost...whatever it is.

End the pov's

Gabriel was going to see Nathalie. He went to her every morning and evening to help her and check if she was okay. And every day at lunch, she has physiotherapy. Nathalie had insisted on starting that treatment to get back on her feet. Gabriel was not too happy, but he needed his assistant...without her, things would be very difficult.
The young woman was strong. The man always supported her, seeing how painful the treatment was for her.  Nathalie tried hard, even if the treatment didn't work, even if she moaned in pain, even if she cried. She had to be strong for him, for Adrien, for Emilie. But today this suffering would end. Gabriel was planning to tell her the truth, the truth he hide since she got sick.

*knock knock*

"Nathalie, it's me, can I come in?"

"Of course sir"

"Nathalie what did I say about politeness...you can address me as G-"

"Sorry" she said in a tired voice

"It's okay, how are you?"

"I waited you to help me with today's exercises, you didn't forget, did you?"

"No, I just...I think you should stop"

"Gabriel no, I want this, you know.."

"please, do it for me"  Gabriel said approaching her, holding her hand

"Just one more time please and-and then...I promise I'll stop"

"Fine"

Gabriel lifted the trembling woman's body and placed her on the edge of the bed. Then he gently took her by the arm and lifted her slightly to her feet, waiting for her to take a step. Nathalie's body was sweating, her hands were shaking, and her legs were just standing. Her face showed only pain and disappointment. She had not been able to take a step for a year, but only to stand up. When Gabriel realized that she was hurting herself staying like that, he put her back in bed, changing her pajamas and making her comfortable. Then the tired woman fall asleep. Gabriel kissed her lightly on the forehead and left to continue his work.

In the evening, the designer closed the office door and went to his assistant's room with a special gift for her, a gift he had bought with Adrien. He entered without knocking on the door. But when he opened the door, he saw Nathalie forcing herself to walk. She got scared when saw Gabriel and fell to the ground exhausted.

"NATHALIE!! What did I tell you about this..., you need to rest my dear"

"I'm sorry...I just wanted to-"

"Shuush, now let's put you back to bed"

"Gabriel I'm fine"

"No, you're not, this treatment only hurts you, can't you see that you're pushing yourself too hard? please..."

"But-"

"No, this time you will have to listen to me and stop being so stubborn"

"I AM NOT STUBBORN!!"

"Oh yes you are!"

"I'm not- *cough-cough * stubb *cough-cough *orn..."

"I'm sorry, but please, I don't want to see you hurt"

*Why can't you see that I'm doing it for you, just for you. I sacrifice my own life to see you happy, and you...you...*

"YOU BASTARD!" then Nathalie quickly put her hand over her mouth realizing that she said it out loud

"WHAT..."

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to-"

"CAN'T YOU SEE THAT I'M WORRIED ABOUT YOU!"

"AND CAN'T YOU SEE THAT I'M DOING IT FOR YOU!"

"WHY?"

"BECAUSE...because I'm in love with you..."

"you what?"

"I love you, Gabriel...I've loved you since we first met"

"You love me?"

"Yes"

"Then" Gabriel approached to her and kissed. The two were holding each other in their arms kissing each other. Tears of joy streamed down her pale face, smiling.

The man then got up, left the room and when he returned he had brought something to Nathalie.

"A wheelchair?" she said in surprise

"Adrien and I were thinking that some air would be good for you" 

"Thank you!"

"No, thank you for making me realize how much I love you"