I surrender

*Gabriel pov*

It had already been a year since Nathalie, my loyal assistant, used the miraculous peacock to save me. Since then I tried to use it for my plan. Nathalie is a very intelligent woman. Since she became Mayura, she made all my plans, but because of the broken miraculous, she got sick. Her condition is not improving at all. Recently I found her fainting in the office and since then I have not let her work or walk alone. She could barely walk even if she had a gadget, which supported her as much as possible.

I tried to take the miraculous to fix the mistakes of the past, even of the present, but I didn't succeed. I fail every time, any akumatize person, any thing, object I use does not help me, I only end up wasting even more time. And time is something I really need. Cat Noir's power quickly spread over my body, and Nathalie doesn't have much left, just like me, even less. So today I will put an end to the suffering, today everything will end...I hope.

I will end this...

I will help her...

I

Love her...

*Third person pov*

Gabriel was in his office as usual, working, when he heard a scream from the other end of the house. The designer immediately left his work and headed towards that sound. While he was climbing the stairs, he looked up and saw his son shouting after him. Adrien was crying uncontrollably in front of Nathalie's door. The man immediately realized that something was wrong. He entered the woman's room without knocking on the door. He opened the door and saw her body lying on the floor with a pool of blood next to her. Gabriel immediately jumped to her side. He brought his head close to her nose to check her breathing, then her pulse. She was weak, her breathing was uncontrolled, and her pulse was very weak.

Gabriel gently lifted the weakened body of the assistant and went down with her. He told his son to wait for news and left with his bodyguard to the car. The man sat in the back with Nathalie and began to pray.

On the way to the hospital, Nathalie recovered a little, opening her eyes slightly. She tried to speak, but the pain she felt in her chest was too heavy. Seeing how she was struggling, Gabriel put his finger on her lips and then slowly lifted her head, resting it against his chest.

....

"Mr. Agreste?"

"Yes, how is Nathalie? What happened? Will she be fine? Will she be able to come home?" asked Gabriel scared

"Wo wow, calm down, I just did some tests on the young woman and-"

"And WHAT!?"

"Look, the woman is in a critical condition, we don't know the exact cause or what she has, but all she has to do is rest, she risks-"

...

"She risks dying..., we can't do anything now, I'm sorry Mr. Agreste"

"How long?"

"Excuse me?"

"How long does she have?"

"A week...maybe not even that much, I would recommend you to help her spend these days with her loved ones and family, now excuse me, you can come in and see her"

"Thank you..."he said sadly

*Ring* *ring*

"Hello, Adrien?"

"Dad, how's Nathalie doing?"

"She's fine, we'll be home soon, ok?" he couldn't tell the truth to his son, not now