Trauma

Nathalie pov

I was heading to the office. It was already late 8:23. I woke up late this morning, and the traffic didn't help me at all. I was a little stressed and scared by Gabriel's reaction. I was never late until now. I slowly opened the door hoping that he wouldn't be there, but as soon as I entered I saw him standing facing the painting. I hesitated a little to say something, but I thought it would be unprofessional of me to ignore him.

"Good morning sir, I'm sorry that-"

"Oh Nathalie what happened?"

Then he turned to me. He had a familiar look, which I had the impression that I had seen before, but I didn't notice then anything.

"Nothing, I promise it won't happen again sir"

"OK, then you can start your work"

"Of course sir!"

But when I turned back, that look, that terrible expression of my father appeared in my mind.

*in the past*

"WHY ARE YOU LATE!! HOW CAN YOU APPEAR LIKE THIS IN FRONT OF ME!!"

"But father-"

*slap*

"DO NOT SAY ANYTHING, I DIDN'T ALLOW YOU TO SPEAK"

"DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT, GET OUT OF MY FACE, YOU ARE A DISAPPOINTMENT, USELESS FEMALE!!"

*back to the present*

"Nathalie, NATHALIE! Can you hear me?" said the designer shaking her

"Oh I'm sorry sir, I'll get back to work now"

"No, take a break, you're pale and breathing hard, come sit down"

"But sir-" then Gabriel stretched his hand towards her, and Nathalie got scared

"Wow easy, I won't do anything to you, just take my hand"

"Ok sir"

Gabriel took Nathalie by the hand and took her to his room. They both sat on the edge of the bed and started talking.

"Now tell me, what's bothering you? Is everything alright? You can tell me, I won't get angry"

"Sir, everything is fine"

"It didn't really seem to be, please tell me"

"Okay....today when I saw you I remembered something from the past, from when I was little. I remembered.....*started to shake* I remembered my father. You know he...he"

Gabriel noticed that Nathalie was trembling, so he approached her and took her in his arms.

"It's ok if you can't tell me, I won't pressure you Nathalie, you can tell me another time"

"No, I will continue"

"So, you see...my father treated me very badly, I was the youngest of all 3 brothers. He...he had problems with alcohol, and when he came home late and something was out of place...he...he  abuse me. And that's why *crying* I got scared...I...I'm sorry...I...I shouldn't have-"

"Shh take a deep breath, Nathalie, I'm sorry...I'm glad you told me, try to calm down, i'm here now"

"T-thank you sir-"

"Gabriel, call me Gabriel"