Representation

After Gabriel ended the call with Mrs. Tsurugi, he looked with anger at the blank screen of the tablet on the podium. "Nathalie..." he said irritated.
He slammed the office door, stopped a little in front of the stairs and directed his gaze towards his assistant's room thinking that he hasn't seen her leave the room since Adrien left. So he thought it wouldn't hurt to make her a visit.

Gabriel slowly opened the door, noticing the light off in the room. He turned to leave, thinking that Nathalie was resting, when he heard a faint sound. "Sir, is that you?". Then Gabriel clapped his hands twice and the lights came on, revealing the woman's weak body lying on the bed. She had big dark circles under her eyes, a tired voice, and the red hair that was once full of life was now white, lifeless.

The concerned man immediately approached to her with a sad look.
"Nathalie what happened? Are you not feeling well? Why didn't you say anything earlier?" he said, gently taking her hand in his hands
But she didn't say anything. She slowly blinked once and smiled at him. After she tried to get up, but her body gave way immediately, making Gabriel even more worried now.
"Please tell me what to do. Nathalie why didn't you say anything? Since when are you like this?"
"After Adrien left...since then-...I wanted to get up but I don't have enough strength to sit and my phone is on the desk and I can't reach it- I'm s-sorry sir"
"There's no need to apologize, it's my fault that I didn't realize that something was wrong. Now that I'm here, would you like me to bring you something to eat or drink?"
"Yes, I would like some water, sir"
"Please, call me Gabriel" he said smiling.

Time skip

Evening fell and Nathalie didn't look better, but neither worse. Gabriel stayed by her side all day, helping her go to the bathroom, eat, drink. Even Adrien stayed with her, as long as his father allowed him to stay with them.

"Nathalie?" he whisper

"Yes Gabriel?"

"Do you mind if I stay with you tonight? I can't leave worried knowing you're not feeling well..."

She looked away for a moment, blushing a little. She didn't expect Gabriel to ask her something like that, so she couldn't refuse him.

"If you don't mind of course " he added

"Sure sure!!...I mean yes, you can stay."

"Thank you, Nathalie, I promise it will be better, you will be better" he said looking warmly at her

"S-sir..I mean Gabriel, if you don't mind ..c-can you hug me? I really need one an-" she didn't even have time to finish what she had to say because Gabriel immediately jumped up and hugged her. The man looked up slightly, patted her head and looked deeply into her eyes saying "anything for you".
Then a tear fell from her blue eyes and Gabriel wiped it away. "Don't be sad, I'll save you, even if I die in front of you, I'll make sure you're okay" then the man approached her and kissed her. Nathalie closed her eyes and let herself be carried away by her feelings with him.

"Gabriel are you sure about this?"

"Yes Nathalie! I grieved too much after Emilie left us and as a result I affected both you and Adrien...it's time to let her go and start again" he looked at her softly "with you. I'll give up on the miraculous, I'll go and talk to Ladybug, I'll find a way to save you, and then even if it's too late for me...at least I want to know that you're safe with my son. I love you"

"I love you too, I've loved you for too long to let you die, if you're going to die I'd rather die together."

"Nathalie are you insane!"

"Yes, I am. I'm insane about you and I won't leave you, like I've never left you since we met, so let's stop thinking about the future and enjoy the moment now and make Adrien happy and make sure he has someone when we're gone, okay?"

"Anything for you my dear"