Chapter 5: Hold me, don't let me go

Chapter 5 title: Hold me, don't let me go.
Chapter 5 summary: When Aunt May dies, Peter doesn't want to do anything except lay in bed with Tony.

Page break:

A\N: I am so so sorry for not updating, but I've had major writer's block and am slowly getting past it so this will be a shortish oneshot, anyway, enjoy chapter five!

Page break:

Tony Stark knocks on Peter's door, his wife and daughter on either side of him. "Kid, can we come in?" The superhero husband and father asks through the closed door.

Silence.

Tony groans before he gets his AI, F.R.I.D.A.Y, to open the door, Tony leads his two girls inside the dark room and it doesn't take long for his girls to go running up to the bed and climb into it, enveloping the grieving Spider-Man into their arms, telling him it's okay, when they all know it won't be alright, at least not right now.

Tony still feels slightly guilty for carrying the boy out of his burning apartment and away from his dead aunt literally kicking and screaming, but he won't apologise for saving his boy, if he hadn't have flown into the apartment, it might be Tony in Peter's position right now, grieving for the loss of his son, instead of his son grieving for his dead aunt. He's brought out of his head by his little girl shouting at him.

"Daddy!" Morgan shouts, staring at him in the dark. Tony smiles tightly before joining his family in his son's bed on the other side of his son, wrapping his arms around him, pressing a kiss to his temple.

"Why didn't I pull her out of the building when I had the chance?" Peter asks, Tony sighs. He knew his boy would take all the blame for his aunt's death.

"Bud, you were injured, you had second degree burns all over you, you had smoke inhalation and could barely breathe and your aunt knew that, she was okay with that, she knew you couldn't save her but you were there in her final moments and that's all you could've done." Tony tells his surrogate son as gently as he can. Tony feels his son's shoulders shake and his t-shirt becoming wet as his baby spider finally grieves over his aunt.

Tiny tightens his grip on his crying sun, bringing his other arm around his wife and daughter as they both cuddle with him and Peter.

"Can you hold me and never let go forever?" His son asks through his sobs. Tony kisses his son's hair.

"I'll hold you for the rest of my life if that's what you want to do." Tony tells Peter while looking at his girls, telling them that he'd also hold them for the rest of his life.

He'll hold his family and never let them go if that's what they asked him.

Page break:

A/N: Please don't hate me for not updating but I've had a major writer's block and a lot of other stuff on my plate.

But I will continue to write and update when I can.