Chapter 4 Pass or Fail

Without even thinking, Jon took off towards the beast. The rage inside of him had taken over. From the demon several hands shot out in attempt to strike him down. Jon danced around slicing apart each of the limbs that came at him. When he got close he jumped into the air, however the demon was quicker as a fist came from behind and punched Jon in his abdomen. The force of the attack was powerful, as it sent Jon flying into a tree so hard it knocked the air from his lungs.

The demon approached him, his mind filled with blissful thoughts of crushing his skull. A large hand shot out, heading right for Jon. Right as it was about to grab him, it was sliced apart. There stood the girl, who was now protecting Jon. "Dammit, this is probably going to get me killed. Why am I even doing this?" she asked herself.

The demon stared hatefully at her. "I have no spite for you girl, I merely want the boy. Give him to me and you are free to run away." he said, not breaking eye contact with her. The girl only snorted at him. "Sorry, but I'm not the kind of person to back down like a coward." she gloated.

The demon wanted to crush her here and now to make her suffer, but he picked up a scent from behind. He shot out hands from his back., all of them sliced apart. Charging forwards with a flaming sword in his hand was none other than Martyn Lannister. "Hey listen, the best chance of us killing this demon is working together! We must fight as one!" he yelled out.

"If that is what you wish, then I'll happily devour you all!" the demon screamed. From his giant body dozens of hands appeared and went flying all over the place. Martyn and the girl danced all around as they sliced apart the hands. Off to the side, Pyp and his two companions merely watched. Then a rush of courage and guilt filled Pyp's body. He stood tall, ready to fight. "They're right, our best chance of getting out of here alive is by working together. We have to help them Grenn. Besides, I owe that one guy my life." he said with a surprising amount of courage.

The big guy, Grenn, although terrified grasped his sword tightly. "Alright then, let's do it. It would be best if you stay here Sam. Let's go get him Pyp!". Both Pyp and Grenn charged at the demon, leaving their fat friend, Sam, behind. As the four fighters did their best against the demon and Sam watched, the last boy took this opportunity to run away.

"Screw this, if you guys want to die be my guest. After this I'm returning home and taking up my family's titles." he thought to himself as he ran away. As the fight went on, Jon was still dazed from what happened. Suddenly he found himself in a black void, as if he was sinking into the abyss of the sea. That's when he heard a strange voice, a woman's voice. It called out to him. "Jon!" the woman's voice cried out. "Jon, you must wake now!"

Jon's eyes snapped open as his body came back to life. He jumped back onto his feet, sword at the ready. He ran into the battle and sliced off threw arms. The demon saw this. He drew back all of his arms and formed them into two giant arms. With these new appendages, he slammed them into the ground. The five fighters jumped back, avoiding the strong attack. They regrouped, standing side by side, as they looked upon their foe.

"You know I might not be the smartest, but I do know in order to kill a demon you have to slice the neck. The only problem is this thing has no neck!" cried out Grenn. It was only now Jon had realized this. When looking at the demon, there was no visible neck, only a mass of arms with a head. Just how in the hell were they suppose to kill this thing?

"You're wring!" yelled a voice from behind. They all looked behind and saw that the voice was of Sam. "All demons have necks, even this one, we just can't see it! We can see the head, we just have to cut below it!"

Martyn was the first person to acknowledge what he said. "I don't know if that's true, but it's the best thing we have to go off of."

"Even if he's right, how the hell are we supposed to cut through that?" the girl questioned as she gestured to the demon. "What are the odds any off us can slice through all of that?"