2 Since when do cannibals fall in love with their food?

CHARLIES POV

I enjoy singing while I cook. I don't have a nice voice, and I haven't actually heard any music that normals listen to in years. So when I say I like to sing while I cook, I really mean that I like to talk about what I'm doing at the moment in a sing song voice. I do this every time I cook and I'm not going to let some normal tied to my table stop me.

She's been here for an hour now and all she's done is get annoyed whenever I talk to her. You would think as my prisoner she would have more respect. I mean at any second I could decide that she's getting on my nerves, walk over there, and rip out her throat or something.

Not that I actually have the strength, or the nails to rip out her throat. But I'm a cannibal! Shouldn't she be a little bit afraid of me?

"Rah, Rah, I'm cookin' some meat. Rah, Rah, I'm makin' some meat." I sing. "Rah, Rah, I'm about to eat." I laugh at how clever I am.

"Are you done yet?" She says behind me.

I turn placing my hands on my hips, "Excuse me food, I'm trying to make dinner. And no it's not done yet, I just started."

She rolls her eyes, "I meant are you done singing yet."

My mouth falls open, "You know you should really have some respect."

She laughs and scratches her forehead, "Respect?" She gives me an amused look, "For you?"

"What does that mean?"

Food gives me a dirty look, "It means that you live out in the woods, you're a cannibal, and you have me chained to a table. Why in the world would I have respect for you?"

I purse my lips, "How old are you?"

She sighs, "I don't know what this has to do with anything, but I'm seventeen. Eighteen next week... or at least I think next week I've sort of lost track of the day."

"It's Tuesday and you should have respect for me because I'm an elder."

She laughs, "How old are you?"

"Twenty-three." I say turning back to the stove.

"Mixen' the meat." I sing under my breathe.

"Why are you all the way out here Charlie? I mean you're only twenty-three shouldn't you be out partying or something?"

"When you say partying, I'm sure you mean; being in a place completely packed with normals. You do realize that I would try to bite one of you."

She tilts her head her eyes narrowed, "What are normals? And if we're really that tempting then why am I still here? Why haven't you tried to eat me yet."

I slowly walk towards her and set down her plate in front of her, "I told you I'm trying to plump you up. It's not often that normals walk so far out into the woods."

She sighs and pokes the meat on her plate, "So for the second time; what are normals?"

I shrug and walk back over to the counter, "Someone that doesn't eat humans."

She laughs under her breathe, "And when did you give us that name?"

I turn away from her, "When I realized I wasn't normal."

"When was that?"

I shake my head and sit across the room from her with my food. I ignore her starting to eat.

She sighs, "You know you're going to kill me anyways, so why can't you just tell me."

I think about the first time I ate human. It was an accident. After I had it once I had to have it all the time. It wasn't long before someone found me. I had to run away. I try not to think about any of my past when I was living in the normals world. And I'm definitely not going to let this girl bring it all back up.