𝟎𝟎 | Prologue

          ON THE TWENTY-FOURTH OF APRIL, much to their administering shock and surprise, Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy were blessed with a baby girl.

Lucius Malfoy took one look at the tiny girl in his arms, and instantly fell in love with her, already claiming that she was the most perfect, most beautiful human to ever grace the earth with her presence. 

It had been rumored that there was a curse upon the Malfoy family, such that it was almost believed to be true. For almost two hundred years, every single generation, only one male heir had been produced to continue the Malfoy family, and no other children.

When Draco Malfoy was born, Narcissa Malfoy was overjoyed that she could finally become the mother she so wanted to, and all her attention and doting fell upon her son. Needless to say, both Lucius and Narcissa never even dreamed they would have the daughter they both so desperately craved.

Narcissa had been having troubles with her previous pregnancies, having two miscarriages before Draco. After her son was born, she never expected to have another child.

Naturally, when the news came out that she was pregnant again, a year after Draco's birth, both her and Lucius were confused on whether to be happy or sad. But as month after month passed, the baby Narcissa carried only got stronger, and perhaps, the baby would make it after all.. And finally, on a fine, spring day, at the very brink of twilight, there was a new Malfoy.

She was their miracle. Somehow, after her birth, all rumors of the Malfoy curse vanquished into thin air. And as Lucius and Narcissa looked at their little baby, and decided to name her Ophelia Narcissa Malfoy.

Ophelia Malfoy grew up to be a very sweet girl. Her father absolutely doted on her, and it was clear she was his favorite. Since birth, she was spoiled rotten by both her parents..

Draco and Ophelia were the epitome of perfection. No pureblood children were graced with such prominent features, and they were given the absolute best of everything.

As they both grew older, they began having friends. Narcissa would often invite the Zabinis, the Notts, the Greengrasses and the Parkinsons too. Ophelia didn't do well with company her age. She didn't talk to any the girls her age, or interact with them, for she found them all too obsessed with pretty dresses and the like. Of course, she too, loved wearing pretty dresses and copying her mother when she sat to get dressed, but she preferred talking about the other interesting things that Draco and his friends talked about.

The little girl absolutely adored her brother.

This was why whenever Mrs. Malfoy invited guests over, Ophelia would tail after Draco, Blaise, and Theodore Nott, trying so hard to be one of them.