𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 19

°

°
.

=======
Campus
10:00am
========

Walking out of the history major building, you let out a yawn as Ganyu trailed beside you, both heading towards the signature cozy coffee shop "I can't believe that winter break is in a week" you looked at the people chatting around you Ganyu just nodded

"I know! Seems as if it was yesterday when we first graduated high school" she reminisced

That's when your small talk was interrupted by a girl greeting you, a small tote bag hanging on her shoulder, as you further inspected the girl you could tell that it was the same girl who met with Xiao a few days ago, next to her was a guy a bit taller then her with golden hair and eyes matching hers.

"Hello there!" She greeted

"Oh- Hi!"

"You're... a friend of Xiao's right?" 'Weird question to ask'

"Ah yes I am" you said uncomfortably "Why do you ask?"

"I'm Xiao's childhood friend actually! Me and him go waaay back, but he.. never mentioned you before so I wanted to introduce myself"

'Uh ok, unnecessary much? Do I look like I give a shit that you go way back?' An ick mark visible on your forhead, you took a slow deep breath trying to mask it to the best of your abilities so it wouldn't be blatantly obvious that she got under your skin for some reason "My name is Lumine, and this is my twin Aether, I hope that the two of us can become close friends!"

She looked so genuine that you felt a wave of guilt wash over you, 'ok maybe I was just overreacting, she seems nice' "Y/n, the pleasure is mine!"

You both exchanged numbers and you and Ganyu watched as the two blondes walked away, then you both stared at each other for a few seconds "Wasn't she the one who-"

"The one who met Xiao the other day yea" you could feel your eye ever so slightly twitch "cool, cool...cool,cool,cool,cool,cool,cool" (Jake peralta moment lmao)

"Are you sure about this Y/n?" She peeked at you

"I mean- It wouldn't hurt to try and befriend her... right? She seems nice" both you and her knew you were only saying that to keep your mind a bit more stable and keeping it from overthinking everything, but hey! befriending a friend of Xiao's couldn't be that bad right? Even when she's the complete opposite of you, pretty, gentle aura, short, feminine... ah what the fuck, why does it matter anyways?! You brushed it off and continued walking with Ganyu to the coffee shop.

'I need something to keep me from overthinking, honestly what's the worst that could happen?'