𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 34

°

°
.

=========
Lantern rite festival
18:30 pm
=========

"Xiao Xiao look!!" you grabbed his hand dragging him next to you as you eyed the large plaza of Liyue harbor, decorated with bright lights and lively people laughing and having fun. Just like you remembered, some things don't change at all.

Xiao looked at you in pure awe, your nose flushed, the small clouds of smoke leaving your lips with every breath you took, the way your hand intertwined with his and your smile, the smile that he loved so much "You look so cute..."

"Hm? What did you say?" You turn your attention away from the scenery

"I said you look like a fruit"

"Asshole" You pouted making him playfully push your head away, laughing from his act "Come on! let's go!" you ran holding his hand tightly

You both ditched the group of friends behind you, all of them feeling like proud parents at you two, especially Hu Tao and Ganyu. They knew better then anyone else how hurt you were by previous partners so seeing you happy with someone who treated you good made them happy as well.

.

"UGH I CANT GET HIM OUT!" you lashed out at the mini game you and Xiao attempted to play, this game was a puzzle type game where you had to make a samurai reach a treasure chest, a fairly simple concept but you had wasted about 28 bucks trying to solve the puzzle, all because the prize for being able to solve the puzzle was a giant hello kitty plushie, you were determined to solve the mini game for the 18th time while Xiao looked at you in amusement as you struggled. You of course, eventually took notice "What are you staring at?"

"it's amusing seeing you struggle" he crossed his arms over his chest while looking at you with a smug smile as you scowled and he gently pushed you back "Let me teach you how it's done"

You watched as he effortlessly solved the puzzle looking at you with that same smug smile, your annoyed expression soon turned into excitement when the man handling the stall handed you the plushie making your eyes sparkle, Xiao took out his phone at snapped a quick photo staring at it with a pink blush spread across his cheeks as you buried your face into the soft plush.

You both watched as a bunch of people walked past you, meaning that the Xiao lanterns would be released into the sky soon, you began walking towards the crowd but Xiao caught your wrist and pulled you away "I know a spot"

Waking hand in hand, you followed the short male up a lot, and i mean a lot, of stairs leading to a surprisingly empty balcony of a restaurant, the people from earlier all gathered underneath as you watched them, soon feeling a warm hand on top of yours on the railing, you turned your face towards Xiao who was blushing harder then a godamn tomato "Y/n..."

"Yes?"

He took a deep breath before looking down at your hand, caressing it lovingly "I never answer unknown numbers, nor calls... But that day I'm happy I did, because if I never responded to that number I probably would've never met this wonderful person, this person that would make unnecessary horny jokes and sends me stupid memes that were probably saved from tiktok videos, this person that would bother me in the middle of game matches and this beautiful person who can't make me stop smiling whenever they're around.. It's you, this stupid person is you"

You stood there with your mouth agape, not knowing how to respond, your heart basically beating out of your chest as he continued on "I know how much you've been through in the past, I want you to be happy and.. I would love it if you could be happy with me, it's difficult to pinpoint exactly what it is I feel for you but I know that it's love... I won't repeat myself so you better listen, Would you be my girlfriend Y/n?"

"YES!!" he looked at you shocked as you quickly wrap your arms around him, you felt so happy you started to tear up, pulling back from the hug you held his face in your hands looking into his amber eyes you always got lost in "I think you're my favorite person ever...well- besides maybe Chongyun.." you chuckled as he held his hands on top of yours

"Shut up and kiss me"

And so there you were, with your boyfriend Xiao, kissing under the sky being lit up with yellow lanterns, feeling ever so grateful that you decided to spam a random number...

𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙙!

A/N

FUCKING FINALLY IM DONE WITH THIS BOOK

this book is now considered my child so if anyone shit talks abt it i'll give them a fucking stick up their ass ❤️

now that this thing is done i think it's nice to mention the things that inspired the story!

dramas/ anime/ manga: toradora(pls don't come at me), bad thinking diary, nice to meet you and perks of being a wallflower.

If you liked this thing be sure to read some of my other works!!

and thanks so much for reading all of this book ❤️❤️❤️

— canella