8. enjoy the feast yuvraj manik

Hiii Wattpad family! So here goes the update. Short hai thoda. But enjoy.
30 votes please.

As the door of the room creaked open, Nandini was jolted out of her reverie. Her eyes locked onto the person standing there, and a wave of intense hatred washed over her. It was Manik Pratap Singh, the man she had once loved and admired, now turned into the cause of her pain and suffering.

He stepped into the room, his eyes filled with remorse and guilt. The weight of his actions was evident in his every movement. But Nandini was in no mood to show him any mercy. She couldn't forget the betrayal, the loss of her family, and the heartache he had caused her.

"Manik," she spat his name like venom, "I never thought you could stoop so low. You were the one I trusted with my heart, and you crushed it without a second thought."

Manik's face contorted with pain as he tried to find the right words to say, but he knew that no words could ever undo the damage he had done. He took a hesitant step towards her, but Nandini held up her hand to stop him.

"Don't even try to explain," she said, her voice laced with bitterness. "I don't want to hear your excuses or your apologies. You made your choice, and now you have to live with the consequences."

Her words hit him like a dagger to the heart, and he bowed his head in shame. "I know I can never undo what I did," he said softly. "I don't expect forgiveness, Nandini. I only hope that someday you can find it in your heart to move on."

But Nandini wasn't ready to let go of her anger just yet. She had lost everything because of him, and she couldn't fathom how he could expect her to forgive so easily. "Move on?" she scoffed. "Do you think it's that simple? My family is gone because of you. My kingdom is in ruins. How do you expect me to just move on?"

Manik's eyes were filled with tears as he looked at the woman he had once loved with all his heart. "I never wanted this," he whispered. "I never wanted to hurt you. But I was bound by duty and loyalty to my kingdom."

"Duty and loyalty?" Nandini's voice rose with anger. "Is that what you call it? Loyalty to a kingdom that would attack and destroy another in their moment of grief?"

Manik was silent, unable to find an answer to her accusations. He knew he had made a grave mistake, and he would carry the burden of it for the rest of his life.

Nandini took a deep breath, trying to reign in her emotions. "I don't know if I'll ever be able to forgive you," she said, her voice softening slightly. "But I won't let your actions break me. I will rise from the ashes of my kingdom, and I will rebuild it, stronger than ever before."

She looked him straight in the eyes, her determination shining through. "You may have taken everything from me, but you won't take my spirit. I am still a warrior, and I will fight for my kingdom until my last breath."

"Nandu..." Manik tried to speak, but she interrupted him, denying him the right to address her affectionately. "Naah, Yuvraj Manik, you don't have any right to call me that. Only my people can call me Nandu. I am just a princess to you, nothing more than that."

In Manik's eyes, Nandini could see the agony of being nothing to her. She took a deep breath and glanced at him from head to toe. The boy she once knew at the gurukul had transformed into a real warrior, a well-built man.

"Nandini, give me a chance to explain myself, please. I didn't have any other option. I had to fulfill my duties towards my kingdom, and..." Manik's voice trailed off as Nandini's anger flared.

"And you chose to bury me alive under the dead bodies of my loved ones," she lashed out, her voice rising with every word. "You chose to stain my birthplace red with the blood of thousands of innocents. You brightened the darkness of my palace with the warmth from the Jauhar Kund. You decided to destroy me, to destroy us, all for the greed of land. Congratulations, Yuvraj Manik Pratap Singh, you won this war. Here you have a great feast at your feet – my kingdom and I stand before you."

Her words dripped with bitterness and hatred, and she dared him to inflict upon her the same fate suffered by captured females in war. Nandini's tone turned mocking, taunting him, while she masked her own heartbreak. "Oh, yes, I knew you would surely come. And that's why I'm ready for you. I took a bath, wore your favorite color, applied your favorite perfume, and even tied my hair in the pattern you once liked. From top to bottom, I am decorated just the way you loved once."

She dropped her chunni off her shoulder, trying to provoke him further. "Sun will rise soon, come and enjoy, Yuvraj. I'm ready to serve you like a captured slave." The words rolled off her tongue venomously.

In an instant, Nandini felt a sharp pain on her cheek as Manik's hand delivered a resounding slap. The force made her stumble, but she remained defiant, refusing to let the tears spill from her eyes. The confrontation between the two fierce souls reached its peak, emotions and determination colliding in a tumultuous storm that would forever change their destinies.

"Nandu.." he called out, and I turned my face towards him. My heart ached at the sight of tears wetting his cheeks, but I couldn't let myself give in to his emotions. The pain in his eyes mirrored the turmoil in my heart, the regret, and the disappointment. With a heavy heart, he turned around and retraced his steps, leaving me alone in my chamber.

As soon as he left, I collapsed, falling to the floor with a thud. The floodgates of my emotions burst open, and tears streamed down my petal-shaped eyes. The physical pain I had endured in the past few hours paled in comparison to the anguish my heart had been carrying for the past week.

"You killed me, Manik. You killed US. You had the power to stop all this, but you chose destruction. Now, I will witness your downfall, Manik Pratap Singh. The night may have been dark for me, but tomorrow's sunrise will bring no brightness for you. I will light up my dark night with the fire of destruction, one that will engulf the land of your empire. I will not rest until I have dismantled every person who had a hand in planning, plotting, and executing this war. Be ready, Manik, for the game has just begun."

With newfound determination, I wiped away my tears and steeled myself for the battles to come. My heart was still heavy with pain, but I knew that I couldn't let it weaken me. Instead, I would use my pain as fuel, channeling it into the fierce fire of vengeance. The little princess who once had dreams of love and happiness now embraced her destiny as a warrior queen, ready to face any challenge that stood in her way.

Hope you enjoyed. Do comment vote and share.

Love 💕
~V