10. I hate you Manik Pratap Singh

Hello people😇 I hope you are doing great. So here's the update.

Target 35 votes. Thoda sa bar high kiya hai. Just 5 more than usual one. Next chapter bhi ready hai. Complete the target and enjoy reading✨

Nandini's POV:These past 48 hours have shattered me completely. I'm no longer the cheerful and vibrant princess I used to be. Today, I stand broken and defeated. Once, I roamed the palace with the freedom and freshness of the wind, but now I'm trapped in my own chamber, a captive of the enemy.

Behind the high walls of the palace, my people suffer, and I fear for their safety. The royal and high-class women may have sacrificed themselves, but what about the poor ladies of our kingdom? I must ensure their well-being, sparing them from any harm.

I need to talk to Manik about this, but the man I encountered moments ago is not the person I once knew. In this situation, I can't easily entrust him with the safety of my people. Nevertheless, I must have a conversation with him, seeking whatever reassurances I can.

I changed into the wine-colored outfit, its royal gold embellishments along the edges symbolizing the strength of a female warrior- a personal favorite of mine. Opting for minimal jewelry, I adorned myself with a few cherished pieces gifted by close family. As I admired the accessories, my gaze fell on my ring finger. I always wore the ring that Manik had given me- a promise and a token of our love. But now, it will be gone forever, and a tear escaped my eye as I realized that this would be the last time it graced my finger.

Attempting to remove it, I found it stubbornly clinging to my skin. In the past five years, I had never taken it off until today. Now, it seemed destined to part ways with me.

A sudden thud echoed through the room, pulling my attention towards the door. The head general entered, accompanied by a group of soldiers. I frowned as I looked at him, bracing myself for what was to come. He took a few steps closer, a smirk forming on his lips. "Come on, princess, oops, not a princess anymore, right?" The soldiers joined in laughter, mocking my misery. "Come, girl, it's time to leave this kingdom and accompany us to the kingdom of the great rulers. Come, girl."

He turned away but paused, resuming with even greater cruelty. "But... not as a princess, because you aren't one anymore. Bring the chains. You are a prisoner, and we shall honor you as one."

My heart pounded wildly as the sight of those cruel iron chains came into view. In that moment, time seemed to slow, and I took a sharp breath, my eyes welling up with tears. As a princess, my honor was a precious possession, and I couldn't fathom being bound in chains like a common criminal. This was an indignity I couldn't bear; it was unacceptable.

But before I could fully process the gravity of the situation, a searing pain shot through my hair, and I was harshly yanked forward. The general's grip was callous and brutal, and I winced as he flung me onto a center table. Gathering my strength, I quickly got back on my feet, my mind racing with fear and determination.

"Bind her!" the general barked, and like a swarm of bees, soldiers surrounded me with swift and ruthless hands. The clinking of cold, unyielding iron echoed in my ears as they imprisoned me against my will. It happened so fast; I had no time to resist, and before I knew it, the chains constricted around me, a cruel symbol of captivity.

In that moment, a surge of anger and resentment surged within me, and my heart seethed with fury. Manik Pratap Singh's actions had led me to this wretched state, and I couldn't help but hate him more than ever.

Their cruel laughter mocked my plight as one of the soldiers jeered, "Will you move yourself, or shall we drag you like the bitch you are?"

His words were like a venomous sting, fueling my determination to rise above their cruelty. I wouldn't allow myself to be broken by their heartless taunts.

Another soldier chimed in, "I truly wish to enjoy your beauty, making you a bitch, but... nevermind, we will compromise with some dark-skinned ones of your kingdom. Let's move."

Their vile words disgusted me, but they also ignited a fierce resolve within me. Taking a deep breath to steady myself, I held my head high, refusing to let their callous remarks break my spirit.

"I am not an object for you to demean and insult," I retorted, my voice quivering with emotion. "My spirit is unbreakable, and I will rise above this darkness."

In that moment of darkness, I found the strength to carry on, to defy them and fight for my freedom. My determination burned brighter than ever, and I knew that no matter what they threw at me, I would endure, unyielding and unbroken.

The weight of uncertainty and foreboding hung heavily on my heart as I walked along the path, possibly for the last time. Every step felt poignant, and I took in the surroundings, savoring the familiar corners and details. The east direction led to the meeting hall, where perhaps I could find Manik. I knew I had to be strong; I couldn't afford to show weakness now. My people's lives were at stake, and I was determined to ensure their well-being and safety.

Hope you loved it.

Don't you think it's unfair to the women who are captured?
Do they or any person irrespective of gender and age deserve this kind of treatment?
Abhi toh Kaling ka raja bhi hai bhaai.. wo kya maangega?? Socho socho.

Please Shower your love and support.

Love💕
~V