Chapter 8

Ava stared at her reflection

Ava stared at her reflection. Rosier had bought Ava and Queenie to this...mansion, and told Ava to get out of her mud-stained clothes.

Ava examined the clothes Rosier had given her. She was now wearing a grey shirt, jeans and combat boots. There was no place to put her knife in her new clothes, so Ava managed to put her light blonde hair into a bun and placed her knife into her bun.

Ava opened the door of the bathroom to find Rosier waiting for her.

"Queenie would like to see you."

Ava's eyes grew suspicious. "Why can't she tell me herself?"

Rosier ignored her. "She's in the drawing room."

Ava nodded curtly then caustically made her way down the corridor, her hand hovering by her ear so she would gain easy access to her knife.

As she drew closer, Ava heard a voice speaking and a soft crack.

"Queenie?" She called. "Are you..." her sentence trailed off when she opened the door to see no other than Gellert Grindelwald.

"Frick." She muttered, and made her way back out, but the door had closed behind her.

Grindelwald smirked. "Hello Ava."

She backed away until her back was on the door, and was desperately trying to turn the door handle, but the door was locked, so she just took her knife out of her hair and pointed it at her father. "Don't come any closer. I won't hesitate to kill you."

His eyes softened. "You remind me of your mother."

"So you're going to murder me as well?" She shot back.

"She tried to take you away from me when you rightfully belong to me."

"I don't belong to anybody." She spat.

"You do."

Ava's eyes blazed and she muttered a rude word very loudly.

Grindelwald didn't seem effected by this, he just held out his hand. "Come. Join me."

She flipped him off. "Never," she snarled. "You'll have to kill me first before I'd even consider joining you."

"Then you leave me no choice," Grindelwald's voice quiet. Dangerous. He pointed his wand at Ava and knocked her out before she could react.

Her visions were disoriented. First Ava saw black banners, then a circle of black fire, and then death.

She was faintly aware of the pain. Then again, Ava wasn't sure what was dreams and what was reality.

The pain would stop, then start again, stop, then started again. And it just kept on repeating.

And Ava kept on hearing this soft, reassuring voice in her mind.