Chapter 2

"Belle! Wake up! Wake up damnit!" A voice was shouting, yanking the blankets off.
"What? Leave me alone. I'm not going to go to school" I mumbled as I covered back up with the sheets.
"Belle! It's me, Garry! It's about Bailey! They found her!"
I immediately stood up and jumped as if I had been up and on coffee for hours. I was so happy. I knew they'd find her. I knew she would be safe and sound-I just knew it.
"Where is she?! I just have to see her!" I squealed.
I immediately put my robe on and raced downstairs but only to realize Bailey wasn't there, just a few cops standing around.
"I thought you said they found her?" Looking stunned, I was piecing things together cause I didn't know what the hell was going on.
"I'm sorry, I know you wanted her found safe and sound. We found her, just not safe.." a cop said standing forward.
"What do you mean? Did you find her? She has to be safe...she just had to be.."
"I'm detective Arnold. I've been following this case since day one, you should remember me. They found your sister's body in a ditch about forty-five miles outside of town" he said dreading every word that came out.
I looked over at my mom who was sitting on the sectional, sipping on coffee that she had freshly made. I could see she had been crying but I hadn't heard her at all. Why? Was I too tired? Did someone drug me? I didn't care. All I cared about was Bailey.
"You liar! This is fucking ridiculous! You said you'd find her! You said you'd find her safe and sound! You liar! You bastard!" I shouted at detective Arnold.
I ran after him trying to pound his chest but Garry grabbed me and pulled me back. I pounded on his chest instead. I was sobbing too hard and almost lost my breath.
"I'm sorry for your loss miss. If you need anything from me, here's my card" he said as he pulled out a card with his name and number on it. I just walked towards him, spit on it and walked away from him.
"If you guys 'found her', I'd like to see her body" bragging in disbelief.
"But we di-"
"That's what you guys keep saying but you don't know for sure if it's her or not" I interrupted, questioning them "you guys just wanna close the case and get it over with".
The officers knew I wouldn't budge so they lead me to detective Arnold's car and we drove off.

The whole car ride was quiet. Not one word was said. Not even music was playing. Just sitting there. Waiting for the drive to be over. But I dreaded the fact that my sister might be dead. "No.." I thought to myself, "Bailey is alive..they're just all playing a joke on me..trying to mess with me...I just know it..".
"You hungry at all?" Detective Arnold asked breaking the silence.
I shook my head no.
"Mind if I turn some tunes on?" He added.
Another shock from me.