Privacy

As it was Lewis' and George's home race I had a endless list of things to do which for once I was relieved with. As it kept me busy and kept my mind off of Max and Charles. I was working outside the Mercedes hospitality uploading content for the platforms when I saw some I recognised walk straight past me. It was Kelly. Why the fuck was she here. I watched as she walked through the paddock with a smug smile on her face and go straight to the RedBull hospitality. This was the first time I'd seen her since I found out about her and Max. My chest hurt seeing her, and all I wanted to do was run off in the other direction but I couldn't I had too much to do and my dad would literally kill me if I disappeared right now.

Charles was busy with media duties so I couldn't go and hide with him, so I decided to go straight into the garage. As I walked across to it Max took my hand and pulled me off to the back area of the paddock. I stood there with him until he finally spoke. "Your alive then" he said as he rubbed the back of his neck, he was definitely anxious. I didn't say anything I just looked at him. "you stopped replying" he raised his eyebrows like he was waiting for some kind of explanation. "my phones smashed, what do you want Max" my response was so emotionless. "well Kelly's here I just wanted to make sure you was okay" I couldn't help but chuckle slightly, clearly it was too late for him to be worry about my feelings. "Kace I just" he paused taking my hand, half of me wanted to pull it away but the half never wanted him to let go. "come to dinner with me tonight" that definitely wasn't what I was expecting him to say. "please" he said stepping closer towards me "fine" I replied stepping back. I wanted to hear what he had to say and I felt like once everything was out in the open I'd finally be able to figure out what it was that I really wanted.

After qualifying I went straight back to the hotel to get changed. I told Charles that I was going to be busy all evening getting everything ready for for the race. He was understanding and didn't question it at all, which made me feel awful. Charles was so trusting and sweet, there there was me running off to have dinner with my ex-boyfriend. I wasn't particularly dressed up, I just wore a simple black dress and heels. "Where are you going" Emilia said whilst she sat on the bed behind me. I froze, really not knowing what to say I just turned turned to look at her. "It's Max isn't it" she could clearly tell by the look on my face that she was right because she sighed. "Why can't you just forget about him?" Her question infuriated me because I didn't have an answer for her. "I want to, that's what you don't get. I don't want to still feel this way about him, but I can't make it stop" I snapped at her just wanting her to understand for once. Emilia looked at me with concern. "you still love him as well don't you" i couldn't say anything back to her, I just stood there knowing that she was right. "I need to do this for closure" she sighed but seemed to understand what I was saying.

——————————————

Max had said he would pick me up but when I got outside the hotel a driver was waiting for me. After a short drive he pulled up to a beautiful modern house. As I walked towards the door Max opened it with a smile on his face. "I really didn't think you'd come" he sighed rubbing the back of his neck again. "Come in" Max said stepping up one side. He lead the way through the house to a large lounge area. "Is this place yours" The house was beautiful and so welcoming it made me feel at ease. "well I'm here a lot so it just made sense" he said smiling. "do you want a drink" I smiled and nodded. Max went into another room which I guessed was the kitchen. As I waited for him to come back I noticed a small little statue in the corner on a book shelf that I recognised straight away. As I walked towards it I felt full of emotion. It was my penguin statue that my mum had brought me, I'd completely forgot about it. I picked it up and stroked it with a lump in my throat. As memories of her came flooding back. "You left it at the apartment" Max said as he came back into the room making me turn to look at him. "I knew how important it was to you" he handed me a glass of wine and I took a huge mouthful straight away. "Why is it here" I asked wondering why he didn't just leave it in Monaco. "I take it to each race, I've just been waiting for the right time to give it back to you" his reply made the lump in my throat feel ten times bigger. "I thought we were going to dinner" it dawned on me that he'd brought me here for a reason. Max laughed awkwardly "follow me" he said as he walked towards another room and opened the door. The room was lit with candles and there was white roses everywhere with a table set in the middle of the room.