pencil.

"does anyone have a pen?"

jungkook raised his head and asked around, desprate to scratch the words miss lam was spitting out. everyone turned their necks and glared at him to quiet down. only the boy left to him turned and placed a  yellow pencil, cleanly sharpened with no marks of abuse at all, on the tip of jungkooks desk without looking up.

jungkook turned. kim taehyung. the letter boy.

right.

nickname tae. check.

loner. check.

fashionable. check.

fun. definitely not.

jungkook swiped out his phone.

you:

hey babes.

he looked up, half hoping taehyung wouldnt get a notification. he wasnt sure if he wanted tae to be taehyung. tae was his lantern to jungkooks earth. a sweet blossom in a land of graves. taehyung? taehyung looked like he was constantly judging you. disliking you.

jungkooks must have been staring for an awfully long time, because taehyung felt the sunburn like eyes on the back of his head and turned. he looked at jungkook dead in the face, with his lips pointed in a slight pout. his eyes seemed to swallow jungkook. taehyung wore a curious expression with a gloom of poppies painted like a lake over his cheeks. his big doe eyes were almold swirls embracing leaf green splashes. his hair was strands upon strands of dark brown, curling like bat wings or the fur of a wolf.

and in the moment, jungkook realized taehyung was really pretty.

what was that word tae taught him? venust.

taehyung was venust. taehyung was exemplary. taehyung was out of this world.

and jungkook kind of wanted tae to be him now.

he quickly sent out another message.

you:

babes?

tae didnt answer. his phone was probably turned off.

once class dismissed, jungkook hesitantly approached the boy, who had stuffed in his ear phones and was rapidly spamming on his phone with a exuberant smirk breezing against those plump lips-fresh and glossy and most definitely soft-if only-

"hi." jungkook coughed out, trying to maintain focus on anything but the words that were to follow his thoughts.

taehyung looked up and again a foggy smoke of raspberry emerged up. "may i help you?"

even his voice was pretty, jesus. how good would they be if-

"um. your kim taehyung, right?"

"yeah?"

"i just wanted to say...um. your really good at writing. eccentric in a good...way?"

"uh...t-thank you?" taehyung ducked down his head and did a tiny smile. "thank you jungkook-ssi."

"jungkook is fine. um. thats all. andyourreallybeautifulokaybye!" jungkook squeezed out his words, teeth clattering, plucked up his bag and strolled right out of the classroom with his arms tucked right at his sides like a penguin.

one new message from tae👰

tae👰:

send me another picture of jungkook asap 

jungkook couldnt help but wonder, as he took a brisk selfie and pressed enter.

you:

___

story is coming to an end :0