𝒊𝒙.

009,  war

009, war

          "YOU KNOW better than to test my result

          "YOU KNOW better than to test my result." Lēia's eyes widened as Quaritch pointed the gun to Lo'ak's head. "No!" She shouted, trying to pull herself out of the restraints. Quaritch didn't spare Lēia a second look as he continued, "I took you under my wing, Jake. And you betrayed me. You killed your own good men and woman. I will not hesitate to execute your kid."

          Lēia whispered reassuring words to Tuk, who was hyperventilating beside her. Lo'ak turned his head ever so slightly as he met eyes with Lēia. If he was going to die, he at least wanted Lēia to know how he felt about her. "Nga yawne lu oer." He softly spoke as he watched Lēia's face light up. She feared to speak, so she instead signed with the little movement her hands could do the same response letting him know she felt the same.

          Lo'ak smiled but it soon left his face as the safety was released off the gun. "Offers fixing to expire. What it gonna be?" Lēia was shocked as she watched Jake slowly coming towards their boat. "Easy shot." Lyle spoke, but Quaritch moved Lyle's gun away from where it was pointed. "You hit him now, they attack. Wait until he's on board." Lo'ak let out a groan of anger, barring his teeth.

          Suddenly, there was commotion coming from underneath the boat as Payakan arose from the water, landing onto the boat. "Payakan!" Tuk shouted as Avatar's and marine's began shooting at the tulkun. The Metkayina's took their chances and quickly took action, speeding forward. Payakan fell back into the water. "Sully's inbound. Keep an eye on him." Quaritch shouted, the man leaving the three children. The three of them pulled at the rails, trying to pull the restraints off.

          Lēia was confused as the ship began moving forward, hitting a rock. A scream left the trio as they slammed back down onto the floor. "Are you okay?" Lo'ak asked both Tuk and Lēia, who nodded in response.

          A small sigh of relief left Lēia's body as Neteyam jumped off of his ilu onto the boat, quickly cutting Lēia and Tuk off of the railing. Neteyam turned back to Lēia, "Get Tuk out of here and stay safe. Both of you." He spoke. Lēia quickly nodded, grabbing Tuk's hand as they dove into the water.

          Lēia and Tuk arose from the water, watching as one of the Avatar's banshee's lifted Kiri onto the boat. "We've got to go back for her!" Tuk shouted. "Tuk, wait!" Lēia followed after the kid, who was quickly swimming back to the boat. "Sully's stick together!"

          "No, Tuk wait. We have to be very quiet." Lēia ordered as they climbed back onto the boat. Their movements were quick but quiet, the two girls desperate to find Kiri. "Kiri!" Tuk whispered, relief flowing through Lēia's body when she saw the girl. They ran over to her, trying to pull the restraints off. But Quaritch was always close by.

          He swiped Tuk up into his arms, punching Lēia in the eye before pushing her into the water. He didn't need her — she wasn't a Sully. Lēia acted fast, calling for her ilu as she pulled herself onto it. She swam around, trying to find any of the Sullys.

✧˖*°࿐

          She smiled to herself as she saw Lo'ak and Neteyam with a human looking person. "Get on!" She hurried, rising up from the water. But her stomach dropped as she watched Neteyam struggle to stay above water. "Come on, bro!" Lo'ak urged, "You skxawng, i'm shot." Lēia's thoughts were confirmed. "Shit!" Lo'ak shouted, dragging his brother onto Lēia's ilu. "They have Kiri and Tuk!" Lo'ak shook his head, holding Neteyam upright. "I can't go back."

          "Dad! Help! It's Neteyam!" Lo'ak beckonded over his father, pulling Neteyam onto one of the rock's close by. Jake placed his eldest son's head down carefully as he placed Lo'ak's hands on the wound. "Keep pressure on it. Lēia put your hands on too." Jake placed Lēia's hand on top of Lo'ak's.

          Jake lifted Neteyam's back up, his stomach dropping. It had gone straight through him, confirming Jake's thought. Neteyam wouldn't make it. Neytiri landed beside them on her banshee, rushing to her sons side. A sob racked through her body. "No, no, no, no."

          "I want to go home." Neteyam voiced, several groans of pain leaving his body. "I know, I know, we're going home. It's okay. It's okay." Jake softly spoke.

          Neteyam met eyes with Lēia, giving her a look. But she knew that that look spoke more words than ever. Neteyam cherished Lēia a lot, she was one of the only people to just accept his younger brother for him. But it wasn't only that, in the time that the Sully's had been there, she never looked at them different. Not once. She treated them as their own from the very start. Neteyam loved Lēia as much as a friend could.

          Neteyam looked back to his father, "Dad, I-" His words were cut short as his soul faded from his body. "Neteyam?" Neytiri softly spoke. "No, no, no... Neteyam! Neteyam! No great mother... Please! Oh, my son! My son! No!" Neytiri sobbed and screamed. Lo'ak stared at his bloody hands. Lēia pulled the boy into her arms, his body falling limp. His head dropped onto her shoulder with his hands draped on her waist. "It is okay, ma Lo'ak." She mumbled soothing words, stroking his head.

✧˖*°࿐

          "Come on, we have to go." Jake pulled Neteyam's body away from Neytiri. "Listen to me. Listen to me. They have our daughters. I need you to be with me and I need you to be strong. Strong heart." It was scary how quickly Neytiri's mood changed. She was going to avenge Neteyam. Neytiri didn't say no more as she flied away on her banshee. "Stay with your brother." Jake ordered towards Lo'ak, but he didn't agree. "I want to go with you." He spoke, standing up. "You have done enough." Lēia's heart shattered for her Lo'ak. It wasn't his fault. "Dad." Lo'ak's voice cracked, watching as his father walked away with Spider.

          Lo'ak kneeled back down beside Lēia, who held Neteyam's head in her lap. "Stay with him." Lo'ak spoke, caressing her face lightly as he placed a small kiss on her lips."Lo'ak, no!" Lēia shouted after the boy, who simply ignored her, quickly riding towards the ship on an ilu.

"Lo'ak, no!" Lēia shouted after the boy, who simply ignored her, quickly riding towards the ship on an ilu

M speaks !

Nga yawne lu oer = I love you

this chapter hurt to write