𝒗𝒊.

006,  the return

006, the return

          LĒIA RAN out of her mauri as the sound of the horn being blown entered her ears, her eyes lighting up the moment she saw what was in the water

          The tulkun's were back.

          Lēia jumped into the water as she landed on an ilu, shouting to the fellow Metkayina's around her, "The tulkun have returned! Everybody our brothers and sisers have returned!"

          A smile formed on Lo'ak's face, he had never seen the girl so happy. "Lo'ak come!" She shouted at the boy who wasted no time jumping in, climbing onto the back of her ilu as he rested his hand on her waist. The pair felt sparks everytime they even came into contact with eachothers bodies, but it went unspoken of.

          Lēia sped through the crowds of tulkun's and Metkayina's looking for Asta, her spirit sister.

          "Look, it's my spirit sister!" Lēia laughed out as Asta did a flip, showing that she was excited to see Lēia. After a few moments of Lo'ak admiring Lēia's spirit sister, he left her to go find Tuk. Lēia sat on Asta's fin as the tulkun took them back under water.

          "I met a boy." Lēia signed as Asta made a noise, asking for his name. "Lo'ak. His name is Lo'ak." Lēia signed, a smile forming on her face.

          Lēia spent the whole day with her spirit sister before the tulkns unfortunatley had to leave them again. "I will see you soon." Lēia signed to Asta who did a backflip before swimming off.

✧˖*°࿐

          Although Lēia had no plans to go back into the water today, Lo'ak somehow convinced her and some of the group to come see Payakan, to prove to them he isn't a murderer.

          The group hid as Lo'ak left them to go get Payakan and suprisngly, he did return with the outcast tulkun. They contiuned to hide as they watched Lo'ak enter the tulkun's mouth, Neteyam instinctivly pouncing foward to help his brothber, but Lēia pulled him back, shaking her head at him

After a minute or two, Payakan opened his mouth again as Lo'ak swam out, comforting the tulkun.

✧˖*°࿐

          The moment they returned to the village, Tonowari and Ronal was waiting for Tsireya, Lēia, Aonung, Neteyam and Lo'ak. Someone had snitched.
Lēia anxiously followed her parents, knowing they wasn't going to get off lightly.

          "You allowed this, you allowed him to bond with the outcast?!" Ronal shouted, her eyes flickering between her kids.

          "Lēia, you disappoint me daughter." Tonowari spoke as Lēia's ears drooped, her eyes watering. But she deserved to hear those words, as she was in charge of Lo'ak.  "And you, son of a great warrior who has been taught better." Tonowari averted his eyes to Lo'ak as Jake and Neytiri appeared.

          "Payakan saved my life, sir. You don't know him." Lo'ak responded as Tonowari took a deep breath, Lēia knew her father was mad. "Sit." Tonowari grumbled out through gritted teeth. "Sit!" He shouted as everyone shot to the floor apart from Ronal.

          "Hear my words boy, in the days of the first songs Tulkun fought amongst themselves, for territory and for revenge. But they came to believe that killing - no matter how justified - brings more killing. So killing, was forbidden. This is the tulkun way. Payakan, is a killer. So he's outcast." Tonowari explained, but Lo'ak still didn't agree. "I'm sorry sir, but your wrong." Lo'ak disagreed, "Lo'ak." Neytiri hissed, trying to desperatley silence her youngest son.

          Lo'ak went to speak again but was immedaitely shut down, "That's enough!" Jake shouted as Lo'ak looked down. He stayed silent again before looking back up to Tonowari, "I know what I know." Ronal hissed slightly at the boy as Jake bent down beside Lo'ak, "That's enough."

          Lo'ak made eye contact with Lēia once more, the girl trying to apologise through her eyes as Jake dragged him away with Neytiri and Neteyam trailing along close behind, the distant murmurs of Neytiri scolding Neteyam was the only thing to be heard.

✧˖*°࿐

          "The storm will pass. Lo'ak, I saw something today." Lēia broke the silence between the pair as they walked to a more quiet part of the vilage. It was now eclipse, the sky was a pretty mix of purple and pink with a hint of blue. Lēia stopped in her spot as Lo'ak didn't fully turn to face her, but halted in his spot.

          "I saw a forest boy chosen by Tulkun. I am very proud of you." Lēia sincerly spoke, standing infront of Lo'ak as he stared down into her eyes.

          "Payakan didn't kill those boys, I saw it all. The demon ship killed his mother right in front of him, he gathered the young tulkun's and the reef boys together to attack the ship and they were all killed. But by the sky people not by him. He's not a killer." Lo'ak explained. "No Lo'ak, by the tulkun way he is." Lēia responded as the boy sighed in annoyance.

          "Does he have to pay for it for the rest of his life? He knows what he did was wrong and he would never do it again." Lēia understood his point, grabbing his arm. "We have to go tell my father." She went to pull him along, but he stopped her as he used his other free hand to grab her arm.

          Lēia's eyebrows furrowed at the boy, isn't that what he wanted?

          "No. I'm in enough trouble with my dad already." Lo'ak shook his head. "Your dad will understand-" Lēia began but got cut off as Lo'ak scoffed. "No he wont, he doesn't understand anything. The whole clan hates me. Demon blood, alien. That's all they see." Lēia's expression softened as she grabbed his hand that he had held up with both of her hands, holding it close to her heart as she looked at him.

          "I see you." Lēia softly spoke as Lo'ak's pupils dilated. No matter how worked up and mad he got, she had always been able to calm him back down. "You are brother of tulkun. You are one of us now." A small smile formed on Lo'ak's lips as his eyes flickered from her eyes to her lips. Lēia retured the smile, admiring his beauty.

          The pair spent the rest of the night swimming around on ilu's and talking about the most stupid, pointless things they could think off. They both felt at peace when with one another.

 They both felt at peace when with one another

M speaks !

i loved this scene