Chapter 32

Harry awoke slowly, still way too tired after getting in at nearly four and not going to sleep till after. He felt a hand in Harry awoke slowly, still way too tired after getting in at nearly four and not going to sleep till after. He felt a hand in his hair and something warm pressing against his chest but it bothered him that his legs weren't tangled up with Tom's.

When he opened his eyes, he found Tom in bed with him, and it was his hand in his hair, but it became clear why his husband wasn't completely pressed against him. Their sons had been placed between them, cocooned by their parents. The hand in his hair tightened and Harry looked to find Tom's eyes on him.

Harry's brows drew down in worry. "You haven't slept at all, have you?"

"I had to make sure."

"You took the memory. We heard you."

"Yes we heard. But we didn't see."

"You don't remember," Harry pointed out, reaching up to touch Tom's face; to slide his fingers into the hair at his husband's temple.

"There was something like déjà vu. I remember that I tried it three times before..."

"We're still here, Tom. We'll always be here with you. And I saw it," he whispered, lifting up on his elbow. "In Riddle's eyes. He believed me. You believed me, Tom. He wanted desperately... If I weren't completely sure, don't you think it would have kept me up all night as well?"

"I concede that is true."

The hand shifted in hair and Harry lay back down and closed his eyes as those bloody brilliant fingers began to run through it and not surprisingly he drifted off again. He was disappointed to find Tom gone when he next woke. He was alone in bed this time. Tom probably gone to work and the twins in Tally's care.

He sat up and rubbed his palms over his face. He'd wanted to be able to wake Tom up... in the most delicious of ways. Ah well. There was always tomorrow morning. And the morning after that. He was also disappointed the babies weren't in the room with him. Tom had a tendency to do that in order to allow him to sleep more in the mornings since they both did take turns at night getting up to feed their sons when needed.

Once he was ready for the day, Harry went to the nursery to collect Alex and Cyril before going down to the kitchen to start on orders. He had one special order needing to be finished by midweek. A wedding cake. He already had the three tiers of the cake baked and cooled, so when he started all he needed to do was take off the stasis charm and start the decorating. It wasn't long after he began when Draco arrived. The blond went straight to the bassinet and snatched out Cyril to hold. Alexander had already drifted back to sleep.

"Hello to you too," Harry said when it appeared Draco was just going to ignore him. Draco threw him a glare. "What did I do?"

"I cannot believe you gave them the ridiculous notion of asking their mother for advice on our new home!"

Harry turned completely away from the wedding cake, made sure to hide the smile, and faced Draco directly. Hiding that smile was hard.

"It was just a suggestion."

"A stupid one!"

"They're afraid you're going to start getting upset."

Draco made some sort of tisking sound as he went back to pacing around the kitchen, checking every station as he did so and occasionally sneaking treats out from under the house elves noses.

"I knew it wasn't going to be easy. I have patience."

Harry was unable to contain his disbelieving snort. "I really hope you aren't thinking of somewhere like the manor. Because if so it's no wonder you three haven't found the perfect place. It's just too big for them to be completely comfortable in. Too big and too porcelain. They want a home. Not a palace."