❈𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄❈

I recommend listening to the music while listening if you can.

--
Several hours passed, and the two had made it to the desert, his hand holding onto his lover's hand tightly as he looked around. His feet dragged along the sand as he felt the heat hitting down on his face, archons he felt like he was going to melt right then and there. He grumbled tiredly as he then saw the rather giant Ruin Golem. He stopped in his place, moving away from its line of sight as he glanced back at his lover "fascinating isn't it?" he chuckles as he lets go of his lovers hand and made his way further to the giant Ruin, he had noticed it was active and still moving around as he explored the area
-
Kunikuzushi felt a pit open up in his stomach as he felt their warmth slip away from him. He had to admit, he was scared. This..thing. It was huge.
Khaenri'ah surely was a monstrous nation. The things they had created had been the cause of their very own demise, in his eyes. What was the purpose of these things?
He soon noticed lifeless hillichurls laying upon the ground. Something didn't feel right.
"Mm...." he hummed slowly, stepping towards one of their bodies and kneeling down towards it. No pulse. They were baked alive. A horrible burn coating their body, yet not from the sun. "What the..." he mumbled, turning their body on their back, looking at the burns carefully before it had finally hit him. These were similar burns from those left by ruin guard and ruin graders' beams.
The Ruin Golem didn't care if it was a Khaenri'an approaching. It would kill anything that stepped into its field of vision.
Upon the realisation, a look of fear painted his face. He froze in his place - he didn't want to think about what would happen if it had spotted his lover.
-
As the blonde continued to walk further in he could feel an uneasy feeling swell inside his stomach. He knew the machine was still active but to what extent? He looked around as he noticed a few dead hilichurals and eremites along the way. It wasn't long after when he heard a whirring noise coming from nearby, his heart raced up against his chest and before he knew it he was laying on the ground, bleeding from the inside out. He didn't even see the beam hit him, he turned on his side as he held his wound, screaming in pain as tears welled in his eyes, he felt his life slowly draining from his body as a pile of blood spilled out of him. Coughing some up his mind raced up, he was going to die wasn't he? He wasn't going to be able to spend as much needed time with his lover nor finish up his experiments. His eyes narrowed down as he felt them getting heavy by the moment, he glanced over at his lover holding his hand out to try and reach for him.
-
The moment he heard the whirring of the machine he had turned his head to look in the direction of the machine, his eyes widening as he saw the beam hit his lover. His eyes widened as he felt the world stop. It felt as if he couldn't move and when he did mana age to get up, he fell over in attempts before managing to run over to them, pulling their head onto his lap carefully before holding onto their hand. His hat had fallen onto the floor nearby the hillichurl and the only thing shelding his eyes from the sun was the tears welling up in his eyes.
This couldn't be real. Why didn't he stop them? Why? Can't he save anyone? He couldn't even save his family back in tartarasuna- and now he couldn't even save his own lover.
"H-Hey, no no no, please stay with me, Albedo. I'm here please don't close your eyes" he spoke out, his voice fast as his hands shaked, his lovers blood leaking onto his clothes, taking off his Kimono and trying to wrap the wound- doing anything he could to keep them alive. He looked around desperately, looking for anywhere to hide. "Albedo, please- please- i-" he cut himself off with a choked sob, his tears falling from his face as his lip quivered.
His hands shook as he brushed their hair from their face, littering kisses across their face, as if apologising for not making it to him in time. If only it was him that took the hit. Why couldn't it have been him?
"Please- I love you please- i- I'm sorry-" he spoke, his eyes frantically scanning their face as he planted one last kiss upon their face. It was wet with tears. He wasn't going to be left behind right? He could save them right? Surely. He just- he needed more time he.. he... wasn't going to be able to. The more he sat there crying over the situation, the more he was filled with a false sense of hope that was slowly becoming more and more broken the more he felt the other dying in his arms.
-
Albedo winced out in pain as he held onto the fabric of the others clothes, blood continued to spill out of his body as he kept coughing "You.. you have to g-get out..!" he rested his head on his lover's chest as his breaths got heavier. He knew he wasn't going to make it, but he did know he had to get his lover out of there before the machine activated again "Please.. get out of here it's already too late for me.." he mumbled out as he looked away, he couldn't keep his eyes open for much longer as he had said his last few words "I love you.." he muttered as he closed his eyes, his skin grew cold, his heart stopped beating as he grew numb in his lovers arms. His body now laid lifeless as his head rested against his lovers body, his skin had turned whiter from the loss of blood that left his body
-
Kunikuzushi refused to listen, doing everything he could to keep them alive even for afew seconds longer, his breaths becoming heavy as his tears never stopped falling from his eyes. There was no way he was seeing this. There was no way his lover was dying- dead- in his arms.
"Albedo? Albedo?! Please, wake up- please" he cried out, staring down at them in desperation, he refused to believe it. He just couldn't. Was he really this useless? Could he really not save his lover? Really? ...how pathetic can he be? "Please, Albedo please wake up i- I love you- i- I.. I need you. Please-" be choked out, his tears falling from his face onto his lover's lifeless body, and the moment he realised he wasn't going to get a reply his fists balled up against their clothing as he curled in on himself, holding his lover against his chest, holding them tightly against his body as he shook violently, tears falling from his eyes non stop.
The hot, dry air around him filled with nothing but his choked sobs and pleas for his lover to wake up, begging anyone, anything- baal? Buer?.. Celestia? Anyone who would answer his prayers, he would pray too.
But he would never receive the answer he so desperately wanted.
His choked sobs would never cease, holding onto his lover for dear life as he continually begged to feel his lover's warmth, their kiss, anything. How was he meant to live without them?
"Albedo please-" he whispered, a chocked sob escaping his throat once again as he spoke.

As he wept, the beacon of the monstrous machine had fired up once more, a beam of light charging towards the unmoving 'couple'. A second. Larger crash erupted within the area, and soon, there was merely a broken, dying puppet laying idle, lifeless next to what used to be its lover, his hand loosely holding onto what he could, whether it be their hand or their clothes. He didn't want to let go.

Even in death.

Hours later, after the machine was deactivated, a certain blonde traveller would walk out with Paimon, his eye scanning around as he then saw two familiar bodies laying on the ground. Looking at his floating friend, he made his way only to be shocked with the sight he saw. He saw two dead bodies, he recognized them as Albedo and Wanderer, stopping he kneeled down as he stared at them. It took a few seconds to understand the two, realizing they were a couple he sighed
"I understand now." he muttered as he then quickly made his way out of the scene, letting the two of them rest peacefully together.