Chapter Five: The New Assistant

Death sat in their office, they just finish leading the last soul Willow and Cypress had killed, it should be the last of the war prisoners they captured. Death had gone back to the original self, the genderless god that they were, a skeleton in a black clock, although Death like his human side, they like being male, they tried to be female, but people always associated that gender with their sister, Life.

Death picks up the list they left on his desk to look at the last name.

Theo.

Death put the list back down; they weren't sure where to lead Theo too. Death decided to walk to their sister, Life. Her office was just opposite Deaths. They knocked twice.

"Enter" a voice floated full of cheer.

"Hey, I got a question? A problem" Death looks at their sister, she was a goddess, long pure white hair, lime green dress with lace across her shoulders. Full body being.

"Yes brother, what is it?" Life looks him up and down

"Theo Teague, where does he belong? I can't work it out"

"You normally talk to them before leading the afterlife, what's so different about this one?"

"I already have and still can't work him out, he was an atheist so no god would take him, there is the other garden for them"

"The last one you couldn't work out you possessed, to talk to Theo and his family, why not do that again?"

"No, no I can't, not again"

"I told you not to play with the humans, we have jobs as the first higher being, I create them, you take them away"

"I know but I was interested in Queen Gwidden and then Willow and Cypress and the war I already moved those souls, and my minions can do these simple souls"

Life sat back in her seat, thinking.

"Talk to him to see where he wants to go? What's the worst that can happen?"

"Any chance of resurrection?"

"Nope," Life looks down at her list, got up "I've got to go, I'm needed in many hospitals and a few home births."

They left Life office and blow a kiss on each other. They could never touch; they would kill each other and exist was so much fun for them.

Walking down the hall towards to holding room where he places Theo asleep in a chair. Death sat opposite him and woke him up. Groggy, Theo rubs his eyes, knocking some of the sleep from the corner of his eyes.

"Where am I? Cypress, Willow?" Theo looks around so fast, it would have made anyone watching dizzy.

"Calm yourself, Theo, they are fine. They're still alive" Death raises a hand soothingly.

"Where am I?"

"A room down from my office, you've been here three months, I'm trying to work out where you belong."

"I belong with my children, they need me I should be with them" Theo got up and headed towards the door and tried the handle, it was lock.

"It won't work for you right now, only works for me, and my sister"

"I need to get back to them, they need me" Theo kept trying the door and pulling it open

"Listen to me Theo, there is no way for you to go back, Dhu's sword is embedded with the dark magic and unless they can kill Dhu and destroy his sword, there's nowhere back. So, your choices are to move on into an afterlife and enjoy yourself or you can stay in this room,"