Chapter Twenty-Eight: The End

Willow and Cypress paced the main hall waiting for news that they plan had work. They had conducted this plan a year ago, went they first met the mist, before they went home, they spoke to it after Theo had died. The mist seems to know how to trap Dhu, it had another power different than what Cypress and Willow had come across, a power that Dhu gave them unwilling. A part of the mist came back to them.

"They are both down there, we'll keep them safe for as long as you need" the mist said, this time it was the higher voice.

"You can keep them both down there?" Cypress asks them clearly concerned about the welfare about his kingdom.

"Yes, we can but we must return to keep them there your grace"

"Thank you for doing this" Willow spoke quickly

"Let the trail begin, your majesty" Ellis spoke

"No not today they need to rest" Matt's voice has filled the room, mud spread across his face. Matt had led the attack, wanting to protect Willow and Cypress, and knowing that they needed in the castle to protect along with the people inside.

Cypress went to him needing to know that he was ok, Cypress was about to kiss him, Matt stops him.

"I'm cover in mud love does this mean I'm forgiven?"

"I don't care, no you're not, you'll have to work for it"

Matt smiled and kissed him like his life depended on it, then held him in his arms not wanting to let go.

"Has Dhu and Lilith been caught?"

"Yes, they're in a cell being held there but the mist" Willow said looking at the pair of them, know they haven't had much time to process their relationship before herself and Cypress went travelling. She hoped that after the war, they could spend more time together.

"How many of our people have been killed?" Willow asks Matt, not entirely sure if she want to know the answer.

"One hundred altogether but we were lucky that the shapeshifters came when they did, I doubt we would have survived, thank every god that we got Noori on our side before the battle continued, I'm sure more of us would have died if not. Many more of us are injured, the hospital is over run, and we are not sure how many will die from them"

"We should go and see what we can do" Willow said turning to the others in the room

"You need rest" Matt reach for her

"Matt's right your majesty" Philip spoke

"You two go, then I rest afterwards"

"No, we'll both go" Cypress said, holding Matt's hand to walk

"Is there any point arguing both of you?" Matt look between them

"No" Willow started to walk away from everyone, Cypress dragging Matt behind him

The hospital was busier than ever dealing with injuries, families of the dead identifying their bodies. Willow and Cypress walk over to them first wanting to express their condolences, they want them to know that the crown will pay for their funerals and help them anyway that the crown could.

Matt watches them both talking to the families hoping that the families wouldn't be angry.

"The families understands that they sign up for this, it would be better in the long run when Dhu is dead, they are grieving right now" Thanatos explain