Chapter Twenty-Seven: War

Dhu rode across the desert on a horse provided by Lilith, he knew that he was close to the castle now, he could see the defence line, invisible for those who didn't know what to look for. The magic shimmer under the sun for those whose have been banish.

"I didn't think it would be this pretty" Lilith said smiling

"I know, it is beautiful, I thought you chose to live out here"

"I did but someone in the castle must know about me" Lilith look at Dhu "must have wanted to keep me and my people out, most of them are traitors after all"

Dhu smile at her, he was happy that she was with him. It wasn't unreasonable to make her Queen, if she proved useful in the battle, she has been useful so far providing food and water for their trip back, and more bodies for his army.

"So, how do we get in?" Noori ask them both, breaking their weird eye contact. They didn't trust these two as far as Noori could throw them.

"You can just walk in, you haven't been banished, within the castle there is an orb, it needs to be destroyed in order for us to get through" Dhu turn to Noori

"And how do you plan to do that?" Noori ask him

"I don't, I want you to do it, I will keep my promise of uniting your kingdom, making them welcome here at any point with access to everything in the castle"

"That was your entire promise anyway, if you wish me to do this, I want something more"

"Like what?"

"Freedom to room every kingdom as I please, without needing identification or magical access"

"Very well, you will be granted this" Dhu offer his hand to them

Noori thought for a minute, and took it

"In which part of the castle is the orb located"

"In that tower, the south wing" Dhu pointed to the tallest tower closest to them

Noori turn their horse back to shout an order back to their army to stay, if they told them with them, Dhu would be suspicious. Dhu didn't know that Noori was working for the new King and Queen and have been informing them about his plan, this was through Thanatos, Noori knows that they could trust Death, and Death trusted them. Noori rode as fast as they could to the castle.

Noori walk up to the front door and knock, which even to Noori who had spent serval weeks with a mad man and have spoken to Death themselves seem mad.

The doors open and one of the doormen ask what they want.

"I want to see the King, Queen and Lord Aeneas please, tell them that a friend has come to see them with valuable information"

"What type of information?"

"About the war that as a servant is all you need to know"

"Very well please wait here"

Noori stood just inside the entrance looking around, they haven't been here since they were a child, it's not change

"This way sir"

"Not sir" Noori followed the servant quickly

Noori enter the main hall where the King and Queen were on their thrones waiting for them and bowed.

"Good afternoon your majesty Dhu is waiting on the border, he wishes for me to destroy it for his attack"

"This is Noori, the heir to the elven kingdom on their father side, and they are also a cousin of yours on their mother side" Thanatos introduced them.