Chapter Thirteen: The Office

Death watch Dhu wonder around the room for hours trying to work out how to wake the army up, Morganna was an intellect and a gifted Fae, who wouldn't let anyone use her army, only another intellect like her would be able to use she didn't care where the person uses for it.

Getting bored of watching Dhu, Death turns to watch Willow, Cypress, Amina, and Lucifer walking along the new forest in the castle, there were about to reach the gateway to lead them to Earth. The dwarves were based in the many distinct parts of Germany, their homeland although they did love working the mines of the castle before Dhu started the war and were kill by the Queen. The Queen had betrayed the dwarves as she order many of the mines to be destroy before ordering many dwarves had a chance to leave. Death was terribly busy moving their souls on and only now has he managed to clear them.

There was a knock on the door bring Death back into the present moment

"Who is it?"

"Theo, I have a problem"

Death opens the door and walk out, not wanting Theo to enter his office, knowing he wouldn't leave, and just watch his children and his family.

"What is it?"

"There is a new soul that I can't work out I could do with your help in this case" Theo handed over a file.

"Lady Eliane, no religion, reasonable life, no good nor bad, place her in the reincarnation bay, her soul can be giving another chance, then we can get a clear picture of the nature of the soul"

"It will be the 100th reincarnation though, shouldn't there be a limit on it?"

"No, some souls take longer to mature than others and some souls are already old and pass on, you must have met people who fit both of these bills at some point in your life"

"Yes, I suppose I did"

"Is that all?" Death handed the file back to Theo

"Yes, I'm sorry to disturb you"

"Don't worry, I should be working, I was watching something I shouldn't be there some many new souls to collect personally, keep my hand in, otherwise the Gods might think I'm useless and the humans have gain immortality again"

"Were humans' immortal once?"

"No, never. Life had always created humans with a death expectancy. It's a balance"

"And what about me? What will happen when I go back will I die again?"

"Yes, but it will be up to you where you want to go too, you will know how the afterlife works, you can stay here and help us run the place still if you want too"

"I'll see, don't get me wrong I like being busy, but I will always to be near my children, I'd best get back"

Death nodded and went back to his office, they looked over at Dhu seeing that he was walking around the army once more, then sitting in front of them. Death looked over at the other person in the room, they become friend of sorts or as far as Dhu could make a friend, the last friend he had is now working for his enemy. Death appears next to the person.

"Has he work it out yet?" Death whisper in the man's ear

"No, we've been here for hours, and he's not said a word to me" a smile crept across their face, matching Death's tone

"Does he know who you are?"

"He seen my name but doesn't know who I am, I offered but he wouldn't take it. I came here before he enters Little Wing and took my picture down, it's been hanging over the pub he's being staying. Not that he notices whilst he was staying there, or assume that my father wanted a picture of me to show off the money we had made"

They both chuckle

"Can he see you?" the person asks Death

"No"

"When do you want me to tell him how to active it?"

"When he asks you, after all you are the youngest great grandchild of Morganna and her elf husband, don't tell him that the new King will overrule them and you, have you met them yet?"

"Oh no, I've been too busy, being bestie with him I sent a letter pledging my allegiance to them both, I think they will do nicely if they do a good deal with my people and why would I tell him, remember my father he didn't like the royal family, or trust them" the person gesture toward Dhu

"Have you decided to be a man, or have you not corrected him?"

"I haven't corrected him, but he also avoids calling me anything, I worked too hard to get where I am to go back, I just want to surprise him when he found out who I am"

"I know that feeling. Good luck old friend, take my blessing with you"

"Thank you, Death,"

Death sat back in their office, it seems so empty without list of the dead piling up, they walk down to Theo's office hoping Theo was busy handing out the list for the day. They were in luck, Death picks up one for the list left on the table, label 'for you' in Theo's writing, it looks like half of the day deaths on one list meaning everyone else would have a half day, Theo did listen to him. Death scans the list and saw that it was some of the harder deaths that his minions wouldn't know what to do with or understand what to do with and got to work.