Chapter Twenty-Six: Shapeshifter

There were two town north of the capital and the castle, the Pirate Port which never had a real name other than Pirate Port, name solely based on their main visitors there. There are few laws here, the main laws were do not kill or harm each other and do not steal from each other, weapons were always on hand here, so everyone knew there was a high chance of being kill before a fight could truly start

Pirate Port was variously different to the town of Draycan where there were official guards there and the crown law. This town was on the verge on becoming an official city, as the population was on the rise every year and had more house and shops built every year. The people in the town had been part of the first settlers who left the citadel looking for more lands of the mountains, mostly soldiers sent out by King Ellis to explore more of the lands there. They had written to him over the years and Ellis had kept up with sending well needed items to them via the eagles that King Ellis had befriended when he joined them on the first part of their journey.

The only village in this area is call Ellis-port. It was a mostly quiet village that did excellent trade with both towns as most travellers had to past through there to get to the other. This wasn't by chance, it was plan carefully by the first people who settled there, they found the point on the river that was halfway between Pirate port and Draycan, so that they could gain any items they would need to survive.

What the travellers didn't know about Ellis-port is that they were all shapeshifter, they had lived once in Draycan but decided to leave once it had become a town, needing more space and more opportunities to test their abilities without suspicion and without fear of harming other around them.

Simon, the current leader of the shapeshifters, received a royal letter with the royal crest on. The letter had been from Aeneas inviting them back to the castle to help with the war on Dhu, the shapeshifters were aware of Dhu's war on the new King and Queen but are yet to feel any major effects of it, true enough some of their trade items had dwindled over the last year, but they had taken much notice.

Simon had a lot to contend with, does he lead their people into battle? With people who they do not know and have never meet. Simon knew Aeneas and Theo through the last war, Aeneas could assure them that Cypress and Willow are good people and are willing to help them anyway they could after the war even if they decided not to join in. Simon has gathered his people, all of them including those still in the city to gather their opinions on the matter. Many had gathered in the hall.

"Thank you all for coming today" Simon announced once everyone has found a seat.

"The reason I have gather you all here today is because I have received a letter, from Aeneas. He has asked us to join in the war against Dhu, and I wish to know what everyone believes, Aeneas explains that Dhu may come to us as well, to make us join him or kill us, the dwarves, the elves and many more have already have joined their effort, after the dwarves were attack by Dhu himself using Morganna's army, so Aeneas believes that Dhu will attack on the blood moon, so we do not have long to decide to join"

Everyone talk between themselves; they were all worried about this. Some of them were there for the last war, but there were many young that never have experienced war.

"Does Aeneas say anything about the new King and Queen?" A member of the crowd asks

"Yes, they are willing to aid us in any way possible even if we don't join them, they seem to want to join all kingdoms unite us in a way never seen in our lifetime. I believe that we should help them, Dhu needs to be kill"

Everyone nodded

"Can we all agree then? We are going to war for the new King and Queen, a couple of us will stay behind just in case" Simon looks around, some of the new shapeshifter who were still learning their powers decide to stay with the children as well as the elders.

"We need to be ready by tonight, we travel tomorrow" Simon announces

"What is the chance of survival?" Mica, his right-hand woman asks him

"The same as last time, maybe a little higher, the new King and Queen have a bigger army than last time judging by Aeneas letter."

"But the blood moon?"

"I know, but I'm not sure they do, come on we should pack"