Chapter Fifteen: Florence's Training

Florence walks out to the training field, full armour on her short sword by her left hand. It was perfect weather today; the sun had just risen, and the ground was dry Florence knew that this was going to be hard most of these warriors were already part of the royal army before walks the war and might not give her the respect she wants. She will need to prove herself before they trust her, but she wasn't sure how to do it, this where Lucifer would have come in, he always knew how to convince people on their side. Florence will write to him soon she knew he had reached the dwarves, safety, and told her that the new King and Queen have ask him to research dark magic and although Lucifer knows a lot about it there are some parts that Dhu hadn't let him learn before they had left. The soldiers were waiting on the field waiting for Clark no one had told them the swap

"What are you doing here?" one of the men ask here

"Clark and I have swapped at least for a while Clark wanted a change of pace" Florence explain

They all laughed they didn't know much about her; she begins to doubt herself what if she couldn't do this? She drew her sword.

"Ok, if all of you can beat me, I'll swap back with Clark, if you can't beat me, I'm going to be your teacher until we say otherwise, disarm only"

The men looked at one another clearly thinking about Florence's offer. The first man steps up drawing a long sword, thinking how easy it would be to beat her how much experience would she have working for their enemy.

The man charged at her, Florence took a step to her right and stock out her foot setting the man face first to the ground, another man steps forward with his sword Florence battle him for a few minutes before disarming him, then another and another until they were picking themselves up off the floor or pick up their weapons again.

"So, I win then, I'm staying here to train as clearly none of you are good enough to beat me. I am here because you need my training and have been train by your enemy. Therefore, I am here if you are still in doubt of me, leave and don't come back, leave the army because I am not going anywhere"

Clark, Balthazar, and Hope stood along the edge watching Florence fight. They all thought how amazing she was, they never had seen someone fight like her before. If these soldiers could learn how to fight like her, they would be unbeatable, the new recruits had start to learn how to fight like this.

"Where will we start?" The soldier, who tripped, ask

"Stance, each one of you need a better stance if you are going to charge at people, especially those trained by Dhu, if we were in battle, I would have stabbed you through the throat. Make sure if you charge at some keep your feet in and only move them to change direction, keep hold of your sword ideally with one hand when running"

"My long sword is too heavy" a soldier complains

"Then get a new sword or lift more weights. Let me look at you"

The soldier walks up to Florence, they were a slim soldier but tall.

"Have you ever thought about training in archery? Your build will be idea to get over the castle wall"

"Only a little bit as a basic training, Queen Gwidden wanted us to focus on sword training, I got the highest score in archery when I was there though"

"Go to the archery park and train there, clearly, you'll be better at that. Get a light wooded bow or at least a light bow of some kind"

"Thank you, what do we call you?"

"Commander Florence" Balthazar inform them all

"Thank you, Commander Florence,"

"So how do the rest of you feel about sword training? I believe that being train in everything will be beneficial to us as an army anyway but there will be no benefit to us if you can't wield your weapon correctly is there anyone here like to move to a different department?"

"No commander" every soldier said

"So we'll begin, will the three of you join us?"

"Yes please" the three commanders join the front row.

"So, I be cover some of the basic this lesson as a reminder, the be moving on quickly" Florence started to explain to them all, she taught them all the correct stance for them, each being a Fae they were light on their feet. This would be interesting for Florence.