𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧

"oi, watch where you're going dumbass."

a day or two has passed since the two of them had their memorable moment under the moonless night sky (though, is it really considered as memorable when the two of them almost got ran over by a truck? well, the answer to that is yes, yes it is.) and now it's monday all over again, meaning that it's time to go back to school.

no one, not even himself, expected that he'd be excited to attend his classes- did something happen or are they all in one, big, dream where haitani rindou is keen on being in school?

usually, the youngest of the two would take his time going to school, probably slacking off here and there before finally deciding to attend his classes at exactly three in the afternoon.

but today is out of the ordinary- because he's one of the first ones to enter his classroom.

"ah, haitani, you're early today." the class president commented, just having to arrive to their classroom and was amused that the infamous delinquent is attending his lessons for once.

his comment made the dual-hair colored male click his tongue in annoyance, giving him a half-assed glare as he went back into whatever he was previously doing- writing something down on his notebook.

seriously, why is everyone acting like he's never been to school before, why can't they just be normal for once if they value their lives.

"shut your mouth and keep your eyes on the board, president."

a laugh threatened to leave the male's lips as he bit onto the sides of his cheeks to avoid messing around with him, knowing full well that his life is on the line if one peep even leaves his mouth.

so nothing has changed after all, eh?

rindou huffed, ignoring the whispers and stares that are directed at him as he continued scribbling down mindless words to form a sentence- at least, one that's understandable and contains some form of sense.

it's already almost time before the bell rings, why isn't she here yet?

now, it's not like he's waiting for a certain someone to show up- waiting for his heart to race so that he can feel it all over again (no, it's definitely not the case.)

but, he couldn't help but let his thoughts wander to that damned night under the rain shower where they're dancing as if they're the only ones here in japan- something that he thought he'd only get to see in t.v shows and cliche romance movies.

haitani rindou didn't expect that he'd get to experience it first hand.

if it wasn't for the fact that there's a strong possibility that he's the girl from her past, then he would've taken his time falling for the girl who works at the school's clinic.

that wasn't the case, because even before hearing her theory out, he has already, with no doubt, fallen in love with l/n y/n from his class- and core classes partner too.

there's something to her that he wanted all to himself. a feeling of freedom and overall carelessness that he thought he'd only feel on the battlefield, it was possible to feel it with her too.

she's always living her life as if she's on the edge of the cliff separating the living and the dead. and he knows that because he's seen it with his very own eyes at how reckless she is, but at the same time enjoying every little adventure that they do.

yes, even those trips that would've killed them if it wasn't for his own quick thinking.

to him, she's a puzzle worth solving- a treasure worth digging that he has the luxury to have and hold.