𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞

falling in love is hard- that's a fact that l/n y/n would like to admit very much so.

but at the same time, it's like she's inhaled some sort of ecstasy that made her feel this euphoric cloudiness whenever she's with haitani rindou- a guy whom she never expected to have fallen in love with.

she didn't mean to fall in love with him, didn't expect that a mere delinquent would have a big impact on her life. i mean, after all, she is just someone who works at the school's clinic for extra credit, meeting the infamous youngest haitani is something that she never expected to happen.

though, like she said, falling in love is hard. especially once you've found out that you've actually been lovers in your past lives- who would've expected that?

now, i know what you're all thinking (i've read your comments, and honestly, they're all so amusing to see), 'wait, but isn't haitani ran her boyfriend in her past life? how'd she come up with the conclusion that it's rindou- he has braids for fucks sake!')

the answer to that is simple, it's called the element of letting something go and moving on to the next.

it may not seem connected right now, but i can assure you that it will once i've explained my stand on the argument, 'how stupid can y/n be to not know the difference between the haitani brothers'.

according to the wise words from someone that i hold dear to me, there's no such thing as forever- both literally and romantically. there will always be an end to something good, even if you hold on to that something with your dear life, it'll always disappear.

no matter how many times you've prayed to the heavens above, wishing that in your next life, you'll meet again- you've already had your chance, now it's time for another.

imagine that you're now in your next life, and you still have your memories from your past. you see the person that you've loved with all your life just standing there across from you, having a slither of hope that they'll still recognize you and you're going to continue what you have lost.

the twist to this story is that they don't know who you are and hold no memories containing you.

do you think that telling them, 'hey, i'm actually your partner from the past- let's be together again.' will actually get them back to you? hell no, that'll only scare them away, thinking that you're not right in the head and would very much so avoid you.

the only thing you're allowed to do is to watch them go.

that way, they won't be creeped out by your claims and would avoid you. at least this time, you can both be friends- but that's it. you're now in a new future, new life! why the fuck would you still be so hung up on the past?

that's the reason why l/n y/n remembers the memories, but couldn't remember the person whom she spent it with because the gods themselves know that it'll only bring both parties pain.

parties? what party?

haitani ran and l/n y/n, of course.

the gods have plans for everyone, both cruel and good- and if their plan from the past is to bring together ran and y/n, then they'll bring rindou and y/n in this life.

as simple as that.

they were considerate enough to give her towards his brother where he can still be close to her.

but never mind that, dwelling on the past won't do us anything good- let's move on, shall we?

if she already 'found out' that rindou is actually her past lover, then why'd she avoid him yesterday like a fucking plague? why couldn't she go up to him and say that they're actually lovers?