𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐳

a wedding is an event that he didn't expect to be a part of- a matrimonial bond between two people who share the same amount of love for each other in front of people that they're close with.

lavish decors that made the entire field breathtaking- capturing its beauty as it waits to see the exchange of vows and promises of two people who are in love. the sound of people idly chatting with their friends and family served as simple background noises as the wedding band played harmonious melodies, preparing for the arrival of the long-awaited bride.

let's not forget the sakura blossoms that circulated the field, sending waves of its floral fragrance to the venue that enveloped the place in a serene and calm vibe- nothing can defeat the calming aura that comes with the season of spring.

the sight itself just screams of wealth, having everything, even the seats, be extravagantly decorated for an event like this. they just know that this wedding wouldn't leave the mouths of those who ooze envy for weeks, wanting to experience that these people are experiencing.

well, if you work for a big-shot organization, then you can just afford a luxurious wedding like this.

"what's taking them so long?" kokonoi hajime, bonten's treasurer, groaned in annoyance as he looked down on his wristwatch, checking the time to see that the carriage is in fact, several minutes late.

"i heard that they had to buy new horses for the carriage- one can't pull the shit built with gold you know?" akashi takeomi, bonten's advisor, sighed as he eyed the guests from the other side whom he knows are getting ansty to see the bride.

"who in their right mind would do that anyway? fucking rich-ass, flaunting their fucking wealth every chance they can get." sanzu haruchiyo, bonten's number two, said as he toyed with his phone, trying to keep his hands and mind busy as to avoid bringing out the packet of cocaine that he had hidden in his coat pockets. he doesn't want to be fired right then and there- they're in a fucking wedding too.

the entire executives of bonten are seated in their designated places, attending on behalf of their boss, sano manjiro, who couldn't be there but wanted to send his congratulations to the soon-to-be-married couple.

they know that this event is important for them, but why the fuck would they make them wait- and just for a golden carriage that no one wanted but they just had to do so?

all of a sudden, the sounds of horses and hooves are heard nearing the place, causing the guests to pipe down and sit in their spots as the executives stood up. kokonoi eyed the man who's waiting at the beginning of the altar, noticing the familiar glint in his eyes as he turned his attention back to the golden carriage that finally arrived.

the sight of the gold and creme carriage screamed out lavishness- calling all the people who couldn't afford it out as the wedding band started to play the song as per request of the bride herself- lover's oath.

and, as soon as the first note from the violin rang through the place, the door opened, and out came the bride.

just as expected- she's as beautiful as he can remember, oozing out the aura of danger but at the same time, an aura that's similar to what royals are expected to have. elegance, yes, that's it.

but, it does make him chuckle, because never in his life has he expected the word elegance to be associated with her.

legs automatically working on their own as he guided her down the carriage, receiving a grateful smile from her as she looped an arm around his, eyes meeting as he gave her a look of silent assurance to tell her that she'll be alright.

with a nod, the two of them began to walk down the aisle, looking at the smiling faces of the crowd as they neared the end of the altar.

never did he imagine that he'd be part of such an event- never expecting to be walking down the aisle with her in his arms.

"psst... ran?" the male hummed, slowing down as he side-eyed her to make sure that she's okay, kind of afraid if she's starting to think about running away.

a smile graced her lips, hand holding onto a bouquet of peonies and (f/flowers) as l/n y/n winked at him.

"thanks for walking me down the aisle."

haitani ran gave her a smile, chuckling as the two continued to walk down the velvet carpet to where his brother is waiting for his bride-to-be. a big, grin gracing the face of the one and only haitani rindou as he saw the love of her life walking towards him.

"it's no worries. you're my sister-in-law now, i'd be a bad brother if i didn't do this simple task."

the reason why he never imagined being a part of a wedding is that he knows that he'll never be married to her- knowing that he'll live this life as her brother-in-law, marrying his little brother and loving him with all her life.

his loyalty, despite years of knowing that she'll never be his, is absolutely admirable.

and just like that, the two of them have reached the end of the altar, knowing that the minutes of her being a single woman have turned into seconds.

she may bear the name 'haitani', but even if they're brothers, she'll forever carry the name of haitani rindou.

the (h/c) haired girl gave him one, last, childish smile before looking at the love of her life, feeling her arm slipping from his grip as ran gave her off to rindou who's more than happy to take her in his hold.

the eldest of the haitani brothers joined his co-workers off to the side, watching as the two lovers walked up to the priest who officially started the ceremony.

"we are gathered here today to witness the holy matrimony between l/n y/n and haitani rindou."

"speak now, or forever hold your peace."

heh, what a bunch of bullshit- he held his peace for a lifetime, you think that he'd ruin his brothers' happiness because of his selfishness? fuck no.

haitani ran stood there, watching the love of his past life and his brother exchange their vows underneath that flower arch that was meant to be his and her only- well, sore losers get no say in things, apparently.

purple eyes saw the same smile on her face that used to be directed to him, chuckling as he looked away.

"at least, for even one second, i got to hold her in that white gown- i guess that counts as marrying her."

"i now announce you, husband and wife!"