*Sax music stops*

Wilbur POV:

Wilbur sat idly on the corner of Quackity's desk, his favourite place.

Quackity had told him he was apparently sitting in the chair too much, (something about a scent?) but Wilbur didn't think he was all too pleased with his personal solution.

Quackity sat hunched over his computer, all but ignoring him.

Wilbur leant over and lifted his head up towards him.

"is something up with you? You haven't threatened me once today?"

Quackity swatted him away. "none of your business. How dare you even ask."

But his retort was half-hearted, and he still didn't take his eyes off his computer.

Wilbur shrugged, hopping off the desk.
"Alright, you're no fun, I'll go talk to Charlie."

This got Quackity's attention. "Oh no you won't prick, stay away from him. He doesn't need your ass corrupting him."

"My ass does have a habit of corrupting the innocent," Wilbur said sarcastically. "Truly a blessing and a curse."

Quackity turned his attention back to his work. "Right, right."

Wilbur frowned, then shuffled closer. "Maybe you're jealous?" He suggested casually.

Quackity's head snapped back up.

"You fucking wish."

Wilbur held his hands up in mock surrender. "Awfully defensive but ok."

Quackity rubbed his temples. "Listen could you just fuck off right now?

"You can't control me like the 'loyal subjects' in your makeshift country you know."

"Oh you would know about haphazard countries, wouldn't you? At least mine lasted longer than a cheap temporary tattoo!"

"Woah there amateur, anything I've built has lasted way longer than this dump."

"Firstly, the keyword is yet. I'm building this baby to last." He patted the desk lovingly. "Secondly, if it's such a dump, why do you keep coming here?"

Wilbur sighed. "You got me. I'm just too much of a whore for these hardwood floors." He made his way over to the doors. "I'm going- oh wait a second, I don't have to tell you my business. I'm just leaving." He said, rolling his eyes.

Quackity POV:

"Try not to drown in your own ego. Oh wait, please do."

"Oh choke you miserable asshole."

Quackity felt his shoulders un-tense a little. This was familiar territory.

Recently, they had been getting along quite well -or at least not showing as much hatred towards each other- and it made everything feel so much more complicated.

He was glad to be back in their comfort zone of blind rage and bickering.

It felt safe.

Safer than flowers and fields at least.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Wilbur POV:

Quackity had explicitly told him to not interact with Charlie.

So naturally, that's exactly who he was looking for as he strode through Las Nevadas, getting strange looks from passing people.

He spotted him as he passed a doorway and doubled back, entering the room with silent intent but ending up hitting his head on the doorframe.