All is forgiven

I woke up on a leather couch wrapped around in a cotton blanket. I only had a long t shirt on. Who changed me? I got up and wrapped myself around the blanket. Where was I? I started walking across the marble floor and went up the stairs. I started to search for a bathroom but instead I ran into a buff man. It was Meek. "Nic, you woke up, we need to talk." He said. His face was filled with shame, what happened? "I don't really wanna talk right now, I'm hungry and have a headache." I said. "I'll give you some advil and we'll go to IHOP." He said. He handed me a pair of jeans and a t shirt, he told me to change and meet him downstairs. I changed into my clothes and met him downstairs. He hugged me and kissed my forehead. I was really shocked he did that. He took my hand and led me to the car. We both sat in the car and he pulled out of the garage. I pulled out my phone and texted my mom that I was okay. I lied and said I was with Sherika. He put his hand on my thigh and started to drive to IHOP. We got out of the car and walked in. We sat down in a booth and order our drinks and food. "Onika, I'm so sorry for yelling at you the other day. I was just so mad. I'm overprotective of you and I don't know why. I usually fuck and leave but with you it's like I don't want you to leave me. I'm not with that loving shit but with you it comes naturally." He explained. This was the first time he called me Onika. "It's okay, Meek. I just cannot have you doing that shit. I just got out of an abusive relationship. It's not fair to me, I deserve respect." I said confidently. I really want to forgive Meek, I see innocence behind his hardcore gangster ego. "Give me a chance to fix my mistakes, I wanna be with you. I will admit when I got your number I didn't really want to date you, I just wanted some pussy. But you got a nigga in they feelings." He said. I started blushing. "I'll give you another chance Meek, for some reason I trust you." I smiled. He smiled back and we both ate our food and got in the car. "By the way, you never told me what happened yesterday, last thing I remembered I was with Safaree and he hit me." I said softly. "He hit you when I was walking towards the block to apologize, I saw it and grabbed my nine. I pulled out on him and told him if I ever see him again near you it'll be his head I shoot. I got him in his leg and he drove off. I took you to my main house and got you clothes, plus I changed you." He said laughing. Damn he really cares. We arrived at the house and both walked in. "Nic, I wanna to take care of you baby. Come move in with me." He pleaded. "Meek—I can't I have my family to take care of." I said quietly. "I'll pay for them, I want to take care of you, you're such an amazing woman." He smiled. "Maybe, just give me some time. I want to be at peace with everything first. There is a lot you don't know about me." I said looking at the ground. Yeah he has no idea about my PTSD or my depressive disorder, bipolar or my schizophrenia. He'll run if he did. That's the only reason I didn't wanna move in, I don't want to explain to another person what's wrong with me, not another person who thinks I'm crazy. "Onika, what do you want to do later on in life?" He asked. "I want to go to medical school to become a nurse but I know it's a pipe dream. I won't be able to afford it." I said. "Baby, I got you, I can pay for all that shit. Come into my life, I never felt this way before. You got a G being all soft in shit, Tak and Coon gonna think I'm crazy." He explained. Crazy. "Alright I'll think about it. So-are we official now?" I asked blushing. "Yes." He smiled. "Take me home, my Mom is probably gonna kill me." I laughed. He grabbed me and kissed me all over my face. I couldn't help but laugh. "Meek stop, lets go." I smiled. He took my hand and led me to the car. He asked if he could come inside and I said not this time, I didn't want Mama to know I lied to her. I opened the door and walked into the house. "Onika Tanya Maraj." A stern voice said.