Dreams

"Hey Mama." I said softly. I knew she was mad at me, but I'm nineteen almost twenty I should be able to do what I want. "Onika you know better, you didn't come home last night. I was worried to death. You're not allowed to leave the house except for work for the next two weeks." She said. That enraged me, who'd she think she was? I am an adult, I work my ass off for her, I pay all the bills. "Mama, I love you but I'm grown now." I said smiling. "Child you are far from grown now go to your room." She yelled. "No, this is so stupid. I am a grown woman!" I shouted. "Not while living under my roof!" She yelled back. I haven't argued with Mama in a long time. "I pay everything you sit at home and do nothing! I'm leaving, you don't have to worry about me being under your roof anymore!" I texted me to get me and packed all of my stuff. "Where do you think you're going?" She asked. "To live my life and fulfil my dreams." "How are you going to do that child, you have no money." She yelled. "I have Meek! The man I'm in love with." I screamed. Her eyes shot wide open, mine did the same, did I just say that? "Get out, and take your 'Meek' with you." She wouldn't look me in the eyes. I walked out the house with my bags and sat on the porch. Meek arrived five minutes later and helped me put my bags in the car. He led me to the side of the car and sat me in. He went back to his side and the words that came out of my mouth earlier echoed in my head. Do I really love this man? I just met him. "Nic, what happened?" He asked. "Me and my mom got into an argument, she treats me like a child and doesn't appreciate anything I do for our household." I frowned. "So you're moving in with me?" He asked smiling. "Yes" I smiled back. I think I really do love this man. We arrived at the house and we both sat on the couch. "Onika, I wanna get a real house with you, not a fancy one. A family one." He said. He wants a family? "Alright, do you wanna go look tomorrow for one?" I asked. "I'll set up an appointment with my real estate agent." He said. He grabbed me and layed on top of me on the couch. "I love you, Onika." He smiled.  

Sorry this is short, I am having some writers block, I might update again later tonight and make it longer.