24

Wednesday
August 29, 2018
5 PM
Diane's POV:

"Do we really have to go to the party? I mean, I could've stayed home and had you go." I sighed, sitting in the passenger side of Greg's car. He glared over at me,

"I wanted you to go, or else it was going to be awkward." He sighed. "You're worried about seeing Lexi?"

"I guess, we haven't talked much," I replied fiddling with my hands, looking down.

"You still haven't told me what happened? Why was there a fight?" He questioned. "You girls never fight."

"I know, but we just argued about work and some other things happening in our friendship. Just a guy she's seeing that I don't approve of."

"Why don't you approve of her boyfriend? It isn't any of your business Di." He commented. I shifted in my seat and went silent for a moment. It is my business when it's the man I was having an affair with.

"He just isn't nice to her, disrespectful, and way older than her. Older than me..." I looked over at him. "I just worry about her being used."

He nodded, "Well, maybe she needs to figure out things herself. Sometimes people need to realize they're with the wrong person on their own to finally see it.."

I nodded and looked away from him, looking out the window as he continued to drive. We finally arrived, pulling up to Marshall's pebbled driveway. I took a deep breath, got out of the car and held onto my purse. I wrapped my arm around his, walking up towards the front door. We awaited for someone to open the door and I felt my knees begin to buckle. I hadn't seen him since we called it quits, I've been wanting to avoid him for as long as I can. Slowly, the door opened and he stood in the doorway, his eyes meeting mine and then farting towards Greg. He was dressed in jeans, No Kangol hat, and a white long-sleeve shirt. Finally, he took his hat off for once. He looked good, healthy, and somewhat happy.

"Hey boss how you doing?" Greg smiled patting Marshall on the shoulder.

"I'm great man, it's good to see you two. Thanks for coming." He smiled and gestured for me and Greg to walk in. I avoided any kind of eye contact with Marshall and held onto Greg's arm. "You can put the wine in the fridge, everybody is out on the back porch."

Greg nodded and I let go of him, letting him walk toward the fridge. I stayed back, closer to the doorway watching both of them. "Diane, would you like something to drink?" Marshall asked. Our eyes met momentarily. I began slowly walking towards him, my fingers tracing the edge of the counter. His eyes watched me intently, making a shiver go down my back. Watching me like I was the only person in the room.

"I would love a Diet Coke if you have one.." I replied. He handed me one and I mumbled a thank you. Greg nudged me, and I ignored him.

"No problem." He glanced outside. "I'll be outside in a moment, why don't you guys go relax outside."

Greg smiled and nodded, "Thanks Marshall, we'll be outside." He took my hand in his and we walked out, going onto the back porch. He shut the slider and everyone turned around, Porter and Royce with big smiles on their faces.

"Yo! You guys finally showed up!" Porter stood up and hugged Greg. He let go of him and came towards me, his arms wrapping around me. I wrapped my arms around him, shocked he would hug me.

"Yeah! Sorry, we were a little late. You know how women are." He chuckled glancing over at me as Porter let me go. I looked away from him.

Ryan chuckled, "Hey, a woman can take their time as long as they need. I never argue with my woman because she's always right."