25

August 31, 2018
Friday
4 PM
Marshall's POV: Kamikaze was finally released and I felt weight lifted off my shoulders. I had interviews with LL Cool J and Sway in the next few weeks so I was prepared for that. Music videos were already recorded and ready to be dropped. I exited the studio, heading back home. Diane was still at my place since she was figuring out divorce papers and him heading back to Los Angeles. I finally got home and walked inside, hearing the TV was on. I walked into the living room seeing Diane leaned back in a black sports bra and biker shorts. She turned her head and turned down the TV. "Hey," she gave me a small smile.

"Hey, how you doin?" I asked walking over to sit down next to her. She sighed,

"Taking it day by day. I filed a complaint today at the courthouse, so we'll just be waiting for Greg to answer that complaint. Then will wait for the case to begin." She replied. "Greg is staying at a hotel, so the house is empty for me to stay in. I don't want to overstay my welcome so I'll be leaving tomorrow." She stood up beginning to walk towards the kitchen. I stopped her, grabbing her arm and pulling her towards me.

"You don't have to leave at all. I don't want you to be alone Di." I sighed, my hand resting on her waist. "You'll be alone in the house, I don't want you alone, I want you with someone."

"Marshall," she smiled and rested her hand on my cheek. "I'm a grown woman, don't worry about me. I will be okay."

I sighed, "Fine.." I groaned. She shoved me gently,

"Hey, we have at least 24 hours together before I head home. Let's just enjoy our time together. Okay?" She smiled.

"Okay.." I sighed. "Let me make you dinner." I smiled and headed into the kitchen. She followed behind me and sat at the kitchen counter,

"Oh, you're gonna cook for me?" She giggled. "What you gonna cook?"

"Spaghetti," I smirked, pulling out a saucepan from my cabinet, then turning on the stove.

"Is that the only thing you know how to cook?" She joked. I rolled my eyes at her,

"No, I can cook many things. I'm a great cook! You just haven't been around me long enough." I chuckled, reaching into the pantry to grab some noodles. I boiled water and placed the noodles inside, letting them cook. She stood up, walking towards me as I put a jar of spaghetti sauce into a pan.

"You using a jar of sauce instead of making your own?" She teased. I bit my lip and let out a chuckle,

"Are you just going to keep critiquing me on how I cook while sitting there or help me?" I smirked. She got up walking over to me and pushed me away,

"Let me make the sauce then. You can cook the noodles." She giggled and looked around. "Where's your spice drawer?"

I pointed to the drawer near her and she grabbed a few spices, cooking the sauce. I watched her stir the sauce and I leaned back against the counter. She turned around with a spoonful of sauce smirking. "Wanna taste?"

I chuckled and took the spoon, tasting it. "Not bad..." I placed the spoon in the dishwasher and watched her continue to cook. We finished and I started plating dinner for us, watching Diane pour herself a glass of wine. I took a bite and smiled. "You're a good cook."

"Thank you! I enjoy cooking for others, Greg never really appreciated my cooking." She sighed taking a long sip of her wine. "I'm sorry about all of this."

I sighed, "I was apart of this. Most of it is my fault, not yours." I grabbed myself a drink. "This was truly my fault, I fucked up your marriage."

She shook her head, "You didn't, it was already fucked up Marshall." We continued eating, both of us becoming silent. We finished and I began cleaning the dishes, I felt Diane touch my back which made me shiver. I turned my head slightly.