Chapter 17: Face Off

Author's pov

"H-Hey! Let go of Taka-chan! O-O-Oi!" Hakkai tried get Shizuka's attention but unfortunately, Hakkai couldn't grab her due of his inability of unable to talk with girls or even grab one that isn't his beloved big sister Yuzuha.

Shizuka turns her head around and look at Hakkai with a stoic expression on her pale face that made Hakkai startled and flinched away from her and Mitsuya.

"Hakkai!" Mitsuya shouted while being dragged by Shizuka was still following Ikari to the Hiroshima Resident.

Mitsuya looks at Shizuka before he noticed that she had hearing aids on her ears.

"You're...deaf?" Mitsuya mumbled in pure shocked while Shizuka didn't look back or even reacted when he mentioned about her disability.

"I was born with a partial hearing loss, it wasn't something bad to grow up with" she replied with her voice soft and feminine that Mitsuya was had his eyebrows up while Hakkai...being Hakkai, looked away and blushed hard.

'Oh shit...Even her voice sounds nice!' he thought while walking behind them.

Shizuka soon stopped which the two guys looked at her before they followed her gaze and seeing Ikari grabbing a pale blonde girl in front of her house.

"Oi! The hell is he-" Mitsuya was soon cut off when he and Hakkai saw them kissed each other.

Mitsuya dropped jaw while Hakkai blushed brashly and covers his eyes innocently as for Shizuka, her expression was completely calm and nonchalant.

'And I thought he wasn't type to show PDA but then again, I remember clearly how Tsundere he was before he confessed to her' Shizuka thought while her expression was still the same.

"That's Mary, she's the older sister of Saemon and girlfriend of Ikari. They been dating for two years" Shizuka said bluntly that Mitsuya looked at her 'Seriously' while Hakkai was still covering his eyes.

"Ah! The Big Bad Wolf is kissing Mary-oneechan!"

"He's kissing pretty Mary-oneechan!"

"Luna? Mana?" Mitsuya uttered as seeing his sisters which they looked back and seeing their brother.

"Nii-san! Yuzuha-nee!! Nii-san and Hakkai are here with Shizu-oneechan!" Mana shouted which Yuzuha soon came out that Hakkai nearly shouted her name that made the couple soon apart away from their kiss.

Ikari looks back and seeing them. 'Shit, I forgot about them' he thought.

Few moments later

"So, let me get this straight. She found you outside where the gym was and brought here?" Mitsuya asked which Yuzuha nodded while Luna and Mana were teasing Ikari by calling 'Big Bad Wolf' which Ikari looks at them before playfully snarls at them.

The girls playfully shriek and running away from him while Mary smiles as she was cooking something.

Hakkai was so happy, that he couldn't stop hugging Yuzuha.

"Yeah, if it wasn't for Yoshino, then I wouldn't know what to do"-Yuzuha

"Yoshino?"-Mitsuya & Hakkai

"Yup, her" Yuzuha points out Shizuka who was drinking some tea while she was sitting down on the couch with Mitsuya and the Shiba Siblings.

Shizuka looks back which Hakkai looks away since he's still not used to being around with girls, well, except for Yuzuha and Mitsuya's sisters... Probably Yuna too who he considered her to be a demon and her tomboyish attitude.

"Well, like I said before. I couldn't leave you girls alone there. You needed some help, Yuzuha" Shizuka replied back to Yuzuha who thanks her for helping them to find some shelter.

"Oi, Yuzuha...Do you know too about what year we are?" Hakkai whispered to Yuzuha who she nodded in response.

"Yup, I figure it out when I saw her phones and the TV...Not only that, also, in this year, teenager of age 18 can get married"-Yuzuha

"Huh?!" Hakkai nearly shouted whisper in pure shock by that.

As for Mitsuya, he looked at the black haired girl with pink streaks who was silent and pretty much chilled.

"Yoshino-san, thank you for getting my sisters safe along with Yuzuha, I wouldn't know what to do if something happen on them" Mitsuya said in a grateful and polite tone which Shizuka looked at him before she gives a small smile.

"It was nothing. For being a middle schooler who's a delinquent, you're very of the gentleman type and believe me, everyone who knows me as the Goddess of War always seek a fight against me" Shizuka soon said which surprised Mitsuya a little.

'So, in this future, the delinquents are okay on fighting against girls...and there's Sukeban too. I wonder why did she joined that school?' Mitsuya thought and noting that Shizuka doesn't have any adrenaline or excitement trait from the Yoiki High Schoolers.

She's the mostly the calm and silent one.

Few days later

November 10th.

"Alright, mina-san!!! The moment you all be waiting! The Ceremonial Welcoming!!!!" One of the announcer nearly shouted through the microphone while everyone in Yoiki were cheering.

"Well, isn't this interesting?" Ran soon said while Rindo was excited despite he didn't show it.

I mean he's into the underground fights.

Ran soon noticed the lovely Blasian girl Lisa who was talking with Kurosaki and Asahi about something important.

Ran soon smirked when he noticed how Rindo's eyes kind of lit up by seeing Lisa.

I mean it's the same way how Lo'ak was with Tsireya from Avatar: The Way of Water.

"Hey! Lisa!" Ran nearly shouted which Rindo looked at him in 'WTF' which Lisa looks back and seeing the Haitani Brothers.

Lisa soon departed from Kurosaki and Asahi who soon left as she went to the brothers. Ran was giving his sheepish smile while Rindo who was annoyed by Ran, tried to be cool around her.

"You guys. It's awhile since I saw you. What's brings you back to Yoiki?" Lisa soon asked which Ran soon slightly hits Rindo with his arm that he mentally cussed before he fake coughs.

"Well, you see, we heard that there was fight going on in your school. We heard it was the big deal" Rindo explained while Ran nodded with a smile on his face that annoyed more Rindo.

"Oh yeah, it's the Ceremonial Fight, it's our school tradition on welcoming a transfer student who must prove that he's worthy to be one of us. It's one of those kids from the Tokyo Manji Gang who be fighting against our Savage Wolf general" Lisa explained which the Haitani Brothers nodded as being surprised that they have that kind of tradition.

'Whoever made these traditions and this school... He's must be a God' Rindo thought as he was excited on seeing two opponents fighting each other or the fact of finding stronger opponents where he could fight them.

"Anyways, who's your pals behind you?" Lisa soon asked as noticing Izana and Kakucho behind them.

Izana soon gives his usual empty smile while Kakucho was composed and stoic like always.

"Allow me to introduce ourselves. I am Kurokawa Izana and this is Kakucho, so you're Lisa, correct?" Izana soon asked which Lisa who looked confused, nodded which Izana looks at Rindo and smirks that made him more disbelief.

'Why do I have a feeling that they're teasing him?'