Chapter 32: Trouble Coming

Author's pov

Christmas was coming very soon and everyone was preparing the Christmas tree and other Christmas festivities. Particularly for the delinquents of Yoiki High School and their leaders.

Mainly for Matsuno Chifuyu and his new love interest, Tamashiro Naomi.

"This your house?" Chifuyu asked seeing Naomi's big house and have extra space for dojo lessons. Naomi nodded and glanced at Chifuyu.

"Yeah, that's my house. Mi casa dulce mia," she spoke that sentence in Spanish. Chifuyu was surprised that Naomi lived in a big house and he kind of thought she would live in an apartment complex or other good houses in Shibuya.

"Your house is big," he speechlessly said. Naomi chuckled at his expression and shook her head. "Well, if you have a big Mexican family, then you will know. Despite I'm half-Japanese, I'm still Mexican in my heart, and hey, I have one older brother and two younger sisters," Naomi sighs. Chifuyu jerked his head to Naomi with his eyes widened.

"You have siblings?" he uttered in surprise. Naomi nodded and told him that she wasn't the only child.

Naomi has an older brother who will soon graduate from high school and go to the university and two younger sisters who are twins and they are in preschool.

Her parents were working, her dad owned a Dojo while her mother owned a fashion shop where the Multicultural  Community could shop and buy.

"Okay, come, Cat Boy," Naomi yanked him by the sleeve and pulled him to the doorstep. Chifuyu was stunned as his cheeks turned pink. This was his first time being invited into the house of a girl.

And it was a girl that he liked.

He likes Naomi, he very much likes her a lot. Of course, he did find her attractive, hell, beautiful with her Latina looks. But he also likes how fearless she was, how she was helpful with others and she didn't ask back after helping them. He liked how she cared for animals and people despite their full heritage or mixed heritage.

He even likes her eyeliner and how she gives it a cat-like look.

He even noticed how she consoled other Yoiki students who had troubled childhoods and struggled with self-acceptance and self-worth.

Naomi was kind and caring, and despite being a good fighter, she was also smart enough to earn good grades. He sometimes wondered why she didn't go to a normal high school but always, the realization hit him like a basketball bat.

Naomi is half-Japanese and Half Mexican, Japan has always been known for being hard on the mixed descent children and their foreigner spouses. Hell, even their racism was so verbally brutal.

Chifuyu never like hierarchy relationships, especially how they treat lower-class and Foreign people for being different. He hates them and he can't stand that unfairness on others, full Japanese or not.

He knew that Naomi could take care of herself and handle it very well but also, being a biracial child wasn't easy in Tokyo. They soon entered the house, took off their shoes, and went to the living room. Chifuyu was amazed when he saw the Christmas Tree and its beauty.

"Wow, I never saw a Christmas Tree this big," Chifuyu mumbled. He looked over the organization of ornaments and he was impressed. He didn't know that the future did have good things like this and of course, Takemichi was from the future but not from the early 2020s.