1.

Aria

Summer is officially over and when our professor passes back the results of our first time and I see a giant D on mine reality sets in. Once we're excused I make my way down to his podium and ask if he has a moment to chat, he gives me five minutes. We go over my test and he tells me to go to the student center in the library where I can find for information on tutors. I stare at him dumbfounded, because in my entire school career I've never gotten less than a C on anything.

He dismisses me because he has another class and I find myself sulking as I walk out of the building. With my test in hand I call one of my best friends Jayce and ask for her advice on the matter, she's always been my my voice of reason. When she doesn't answer I say screw it and call my mom because she always knows the right thing to say when I'm feeling down. I've always gotten good grades, since I can remember. School has never been super easy for me, but it's never been this challenging before. 

It's my second year at Ocean View University, on the beautiful west coast of San Diego. This was my top school that I had prayed I would get into. The campus like a lot of So Cal beach town, is right near the beach like I can walk from one end of campus to the other and walk out onto the sand. It's unreal and absolutely gorgeous, my sorority house is also right next to the beach and when I wake up each morning to the sound of the waves crashing onto shore I swear I'm dreaming. 

I knew coming here that I was going to face a lot of challenges like being far from home, having to make new friends and school work. What I didn't know was that statistics was going to kick my ass and make me want to drop out. My mom basically tells me to suck it up and get a tutor so that I don't have to drop the class, just to retake it eventually. I sigh in frustration after we hang up and head to the other side of campus to the library. 

I see some girls I know from my sorority and as much as I want to stop and chat, I need to get this over with. I walk up the large steps and pull open the giant glass door, this place must have cost a fortune to build. I walk inside and follow the signs pointing to the student center, luckily it's a girl around my age working and she gives me a list of the top tutors. I scan through the names but don't recognize any of them and the majority are male. 

My eyes stay on Ace Edgewood and I can't help but think that the name sounds familiar. I plug in his number and the two others as back ups just incase he can't help me. I decide to rip the band aid off and call as I walk out of the library. He doesn't answer so I leave a simple message saying who I am and why I'm calling, after I hang up I hope he calls me back soon. I shove the paper along with my test deep into my bag and head to the coffee shop on campus. 

As I walk up to the front door, I shove my phone into the back pocket of my jean shorts, right as the door swings open and almost takes me out "Oh fuck, are you okay?" A deep voice asks as he reaches out out to help me.

I brush him off "I'm okay... thankfully. Glad the door didn't break my face" I say with an awkward laugh.

He smiles "It would have been a shame to mess up such a pretty face" I get a better look at him and I'm taken back.

He's gorgeous like literally stepped right out of a magazine kinda good looks. Tall, tan, greenish blue eyes and golden blonde, almost brown hair. He's fit, I can tell by the way his white shirt hugs his lean body which means he's probably an athlete. 

My cheeks burn red from his compliment "Thanks" I say and his smile widens.

I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear "Thankfully no one died" 

"Can I make it up to you sometime?" he asks and I feel my guard start to rise.

"Um Sure, what did you have in mind?" I ask nervously.