29.

Ace

It's been all over social media since it happened and after practice, as I sit on the bench in the locker room I watch the video over and over again. Fucking Mason motherfucker I hate him now just as much, if not more than I did back then. Her shocked and irritated expression is a clear sign she had no idea that he was going to do that, but why is she there? Why the fuck did she go to see his team play. Abel takes a seat next to me and he's quiet at first.

"You know he only did that to make you mad. She's your girl" he says.

"How the hell can one guy make me so mad?" I ask.

"Because you have a shit history with him and now he's trying to fuck with your future. Don't let him do it again... you know what it cost you last time" he reminds me.

I don't need a trip down memory lane is what I want to say, but I know he's just trying to be helpful "I still don't get why she was there" I grit out.

"Ask her, before you jump to conclusions or say shit you'll regret... ask her" he stands and finishes changing.

I go out with him and some of our teammates for a beer, and I read through all of the articles that have captions like Who is this blonde beauty that has Mason Davis's attention? and so on. There's even a picture of them talking in the lobby afterwards. It's her back so you can't see her face or expression, but I see that look in his eyes. He looks like he's on the dan prowl and knows that someone is going to be taking a picture of video of their whole interaction.

Everything he does is slimy and calculated. I check my messages and she's sent me like four but I have yet to respond. Do I let her tell me about it or do I ask? What if she doesn't tell me? I read her messages that get more frantic because I'm not responding. I say fuck it and step outside to give her call "Ace, hey" she says and sounds slightly relieved.

"Hey..." we're both quiet.

"It's not what you think, I didn't go to see him" she says and my heart races "Marissa got the tickets and asked me to go with her. But, he did leave me a ticket at the box office because we ran into each other at my hotel bar and he offered one to me. I didn't take it" 

"Okay, I believe you and I know he was pulling that shit to make me mad. That guy never fucking changes" I say angrily and she laughs.

"That's what I said to him...I can't believe he did it again. I hate him"

I sigh this time "Me too baby doll, me too"

"Ace" she sounds nervous "I have to tell you something and I need to pre face it with this happened after we broke up. I know it won't make a difference but seeing him again reminded me that I have to tell you"

My guard instantly goes up "Spit it out Aria" my tone is harsh and now I'm on edge.

"After you graduated I was still reeling from our break up and I got drunk one night at a party. I slept with him" I stare at the ground as a million different thoughts raced through my mind. 

"You slept with him?" I ask in disbelief  there's no way she would do that... right?

I hear her fighting back tears "I did, I'm so sorry and I should have told you" I hang up on her, it's my first instinct and I smash the fucking thing onto the side walk. 

People walking by stare at me like I'm a monster and right now I feel like one. The anger, rage and disappointment coursing through my veins right now is enough to make me kill someone. I take deep breaths in and out but nothing fucking works. I need to something I need to hit him I grab my broken phone off the ground and tuck it into my back pocket.