8.

Ace

I still can't shake off what Aria said to me on Friday night about losing her dad and brother. My family means everything to me and I don't know what I'd do if I lost one of my parents and my sister. I haven't been able to forget about it and a big part of me wonders if she's told Mason about it but I don't think she has. I felt shitty when she apologized to me and I didn't say anything about my reaction when I pulled away from her. I should have said something, but I wasn't sure what to say or how to explain myself and I'm glad she didn't push on it more.

I'm heading downtown right now to meet some of the guys at one of our usual spots. It's a newer bar that opened up a year or so ago and they have the best beer in town, hands down. I pull into the busy parking lot and luckily I'm able to find the last spot available. When I walk inside it's pretty busy but I find the guys at a table in the back and see Mason talking to some brunette. Abel gives me don't go there look and I try my best to ignore it.

I pull out a seat next to Conrad and he pats my shoulder "My man" he says all drunk.

I look at him curiously "You're already drunk?" He grins at me proudly and nods.

"I lost at darts so... You know" he says with a shrug.

Abel slides a shot over to me and gives me the you'll need it eyes and I take it back, no questions asked. Mason blatantly flirts with this girl in front of all of us and it pisses me the fuck off. He has no problem making Aria look like a fool and he even gave her his sweater, which to most players is big deal. But, of course it isn't to him because he doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself.

I pull out my phone and text Aria "Meet us at O-Zone" and hit send.

Is it involving myself it I invite her and she sees his true colors? I don't think so and I can't wait to see his face when she walks in, maybe she'll end it with him once and for all. I give them credit for lasting this long though and they haven't slept together or I would have heard about it by now.

She responds saying she's heading over with Jayce. I show Conrad the text and tell him to drink some water if he doesn't want to annoy Jay. The two of them have been hanging out more and more, recently. He might not want to admit yet, but I'm pretty sure he has a crush on her. I guess we're in the same boat, because I still don't want to own up to how I feel. It's a lot easier to sweep it under the rug and pretend they don't exist fucking feelings.

I walk over to the bar and order myself a beer and another shot, as I walk over to the table this random girls steps in front of me. She's cute, brown long wavy hair and bright green eyes. The kind of girl I would try to bring home with me if shit was different "Hey, you're Ace Edgewood right?" She asks with a smile.

"I am, who's asking?" I say as friendly as possible.

"My name's Isballe, I saw your game last week. You guys are really good"

"Thank you, we work hard for it"

"You're talented on the ice..."

And in other ways "I appreciate it"

"We should hang out sometime" she says with a wild look in her emerald eyes.

"I.. uh... I'm actually seeing someone" it's a bold faced lie but she doesn't need to know that.

The door opens and I see Aria walk in. She looks around and then her brown eyes land right on me and the the girl in front of me and I swear I see a ping of jealousy in them "Oh, I heard you were single" she says.