17.

Ace

I didn't mean to cause an issue between Aria and I, but sometimes it kills me that she's so oblivious when a guy wants her. Then again she was oblivious to the fact that I liked her when I thought it was obvious. I don't know if she doesn't want to believe it or if she doesn't care but I see it and I fucking care. The entire time we play beer pong his eyes are on her, watching her every move like some predator scoping out his next prey. Also, he was so surprised that she has a boyfriend and I know we're not official yet but I do loved that, that's what she called me.

His reaction was not what I was expecting, like God forbid she got over her high school boyfriend. I can't believe I never asked her about him or any of her past relationships before. But, I do remember saying she was only in one serious one and I can conclude that it was with this Dallas guy. I recognize the look in his eyes when he watches her because it's similar to the way I look at her. I bet he's realizing what he lost and that the girls he's met so far in college don't compare to her which is all true no one compares to her. 

Unlucky for him, but lucky for me is that I know what I have with her. It may have taken me a moment but I did and I do now. If he thinks he can waltz back into her life after two years and try to undermine our relationship, well he has another thing coming his way. She may think I'm joking but I will fucking end him if he so much as touches her. He needs to learn what boundaries are and if he crosses a line, he will fucking learn today.

We lose our beer pong game and Aria gets into conversation with the girls, so I find Conrad and Abe and leave her to mingle. Abe's talking to a couple girls and Conrad's just hanging by himself so I walk up "Enjoying yourself?" he laughs.

"Yeah you know me, the life of the party" he says sarcastically. 

"Jayce texted me that she's hanging out with a guy tonight" he says flatly.

I look at him and see it bothers him "I thought you two were exclusive?" he shakes his head.

"No, she doesn't want a relationship right now" 

"I'm sorry man... maybe she'll change her mind" he shrugs.

"Maybe, if not it's fine. I'm kind looking for something more and I know the right one will come along but I doubt she's here" he says and we both laugh.

Abel joins us eventually and we head inside to look around. I leave Aria because I want her to know that I do trust her and that I don't need to keep an eye on her like a guard dog. We end up in this room down stairs with a pool table and bar. No one's using it so we start a game of cut throat and some guy named John joins us so we have even teams.

Con grabs a couple bottles of whisky from the bar and we end up placing some drinking bets on each game. I'm not exactly sure how much time passes by or how the fuck we all got so drunk but I look around the room and it's moving a little. I grab a water bottle from the mini fridge and chug it down and look at my watch to see that it's already mid night time flew by.

I look at the guys "Let's find Aria and take off" they agree and follow me back upstairs.

We look around the living room, then the kitchen but don't see her. So we step outside onto the patio and I look around some more but still can't spot her I tap Con's shoulder "Do you see her anywhere?" he shakes his head.

"I don't, try calling her" he suggests and I pull my phone out.

I call her and it just continues to ring and then goes to voicemail. You know when something inside of you gut tells you that somethings wrong? Well that's exactly how I feel right now and I look around and don't see that Dallas guy either. Abel hit my side "There's some people down by the water, maybe she's over there" I nod and we walk out onto the sand.