15.

Ace

A huge winter storm came through the East coast and all of the flights got canceled, including me and the guy's flight home. Luckily our parents were able to get a refund but now we don't get to spend Thanksgiving with them. Aria asked her mom if she could make room for three more to join them for the weekend and she said that they would love to have us. So, the four of us are in my truck making the four hour journey to Santa Barbara. 

I offered to drive because I don't trust either of the guys and Aria doesn't need to. She's in the passenger seat and I occasionally look over and stare at her beautiful face. She's so gorgeous that sometimes when I'm with her I feel like this is all a dream. I have moments more often than not where I don't know why she's with me, because she's fucking amazing. I see the way other guys look at her, the way they notice her and she is so oblivious to it all.

She walks into a room and literally turns heads. She's like a ray of god damn sunshine that I never knew my life was missing. I'm the thunder and lightening storm, while she's the rainbow that appears across the sky the storm blows over. She brings a sense of calm and comfort that I've been searching for. It's no lie that I struggle with my anger sometimes especially when it comes to Mason, and the moment I see her all of those negative feelings disappear.

She's a new kind of drug that I'm so fucking addicted to and I want to keep chasing the high that she brings with her everywhere she goes. I rest my hand on her knee and she looks over at me with a smile that has my heart fluttering. I can't help the possessiveness that I feel when it comes to her, like I need everyone around us to know that she's mine. She would argue that she's nobodies because she's not an object, but she fully knows that she's mine.

We stop for gas in  Ventura, which is a quaint little beach town just south of SB. Aria and the guys get out to stretch their legs and grab a snack inside. I pump the gas and see a message on my phone from my mom and sister. They started a group message that is constantly blowing up my phone and my dad and I are always silent. I keep telling them to just talk amongst themselves separately but they won't. Sadie sends a video of our backyard covered in snow and our Golden Retriever Molly, prancing around with the caption "Miss you Acey". 

I smile as I re-watch the video and sadness fills my chest, because I miss them too. Aria walks up next to me "Hey, why the long face?" she asks.

I show her the video "I miss my family" 

"Aww so cute, I'm sorry that your flights got canceled. Hopefully you'll be able to go for Christmas though" 

"Yeah, hopefully and I'm excited to meet your family" I say and kiss her temple.

She wraps her arm around my waist and looks up at me "They're going to love you" she says with the cutest grin.

I kiss her lips "I hope they do" the pump finishes so I pull it out as she climbs into the passenger side.

The guys finally finish up inside and then we're back on the road. Luckily we're only about forty five minutes away and the drive is gorgeous, looking out at the beautiful coast. Eventually we exit and pull into the down town area, the streets are so narrow and there are a ton of one way roads. We make it into the hills and soon we're pulling up to her childhood house. It's beautiful and a lot bigger than I imagined, but I remember her saying something about her mom being in real estate and her dad was an architect. 

We get out and grab our bags, following her up the front steps. She opens the door and we're immediately greeted by two large German Shephard, one is a puppy and the other is a little older. Aria drops her bag and drops to her knees to greet them both Kovu and Kiara from the second Lion King movie, which is adorable. They sniff and lick as guys, then her mom appears around the corner and I swear I'm looking at Aria's twin.