9.

Aria

The next month flies by and it's already the second week of October. Ace and I have continued our study sessions even though my grade has drastically improved and I don't necessarily need a tutor anymore. It's become a part of our weekly routine that neither one of us want to end apparently. I think he mainly enjoys it, because each session I bring new snacks that he just loves to steal. Most of the time we end up talking off subject and throwing food into each other's mouths, not even focusing on the material.

Today I beat him to the room which is very unusual, because he's one of the most punctual humans I've ever met. I check the door again, but it's locked just like it was the first time I tried so I send him another text but he doesn't reply. I wait another minute and then I call him, it rings a few times but then goes to voicemail and that's when my gut tells me that somethings wrong. I text Jay and ask for Conrad's number because I'm sure he knows where Ace is and she sends it to me. I end up calling Conrad because I'm too impatient to wait for a response.

He doesn't answer either and that's when the worry starts to set in. I count to thirty and then say screw it and turn to leave, but I see him walking up the stairs with his hood on. I know it's him by the way people move out of the way and stare at him. He walks over to me but keeps his head hanging down and he walks past me to unlock the door, not saying a single word.

I follow him inside and take my usual spot at the large desk. He sits across from me and that's when I notice the black and blue bruise forming on his right cheek, close to his eye "What happened to your face?" is the first thing out of my mouth.

"You have a test coming up so let's focus on that" he ignores my concern and speaks to me the way he used to icy cold.

I don't make a move to open my book "Not until you tell me who did that to your face Ace" I say and cross my arms over my chest with a serious expression.

His eyes finally meet mine "It's none of your business, so let's focus" too bad it is my business especially because I know who did it.

I choose to ignore him "Did Mason do that?" his jaw tenses.

"It's funny that you think everything revolves around you. Because, newsflash it doesn't... you're just some pathetic girl with daddy issues" he grabs his bag and walks out of the room, letting the door slam shut behind him.

I stare at his empty chair in complete shock at what the hell just happened. I can't believe he used something sensitive that I told him and threw it in my face. That's not that Ace that I knew or... that I thought I knew. Tears stream down my cheeks at the hurt I feel inside, so I grab my bag and walk out of the room. I head down the stairs as fast as I can and out the glass doors into the cool afternoon air. I look to my left and see Ace and Abel in some heated discussion, his head turns towards me but I quickly look away and continue walking.

Luckily it's Thursday and the start to me weekend. I get to the house and walk right to the fridge to grab whatever alcoholic beverage I find first a Corona. I have no idea who in this house drinks these but I'm taking a few and then I walk out to the patio and sit on one of the lounge chairs. I pop open the bottle cap and drink down half of the bottle. I stare out at the beach and try to calm my racing mind. I just can't help but think about him and Mason getting in a fight over me or some other bullshit, and Ace getting in trouble with his coach.

The thing is I know that's what Mason wants because he wants to take his place as Captain. From the couple of months that I was dating him, I realized that he's the kind of guy to stop at nothing when he wants something. His family is extremely wealthy and although he tries to have that laid back, beach boy vibe it's all a front. He's truly a spoiled brat that throws tantrums when he doesn't get what or who he wants. Ace, is the kind of guy to stand up and defend the people that he cares about so I can only imagine what they fought about.