22

The guys left around 11 that night.  Stella and Juanita had left around 9. Us four gals bbq for us tri trip and Juanita and Stella made salsa and rolled the tri tip meat after they shredded it. Maura and I made guacamole and added cheese on them after they were fried in 🥑 oil. Juanita made fresh beans and Spanish rice.  We had the men come over and eat. We all drank beer and some with water too. They thanked us and went back to work while the four of us had cleaned the kitchen. Jane and I were both tired waking up early on our last day off of the weekend. 

The following morning Juanita had the guys bring us breakfast banana pancakes with smoked bacon. The four of ate breakfast together.  Jane had given Juanita a spare key and the alarm code.  She and Stella were going to hang out at eleven and make them lunch and us all dinner from the money the guys gave them to shop this morning.  The wiring was done. The inspector is to come this morning from 9 -12 to inspect the wiring, roof, solar panels, exterior wall of the house and the insulation to make sure it was up to codes.  Severide and Casey were putting the new lights in before he came per Casey. They would start patching up the walls that Antonio and Kevin hadn't done and spray when the patching was dry.

Dr. Isles your next appointment is here  in room three. Thank you. 

I had just got off the phone with Jane who said the inspection pass.
I went to see my patient.

Auntie Casey is here to get the check. Please give it to him it's in my desk. I will.

I go to my aunts office to get the check for Casey.

Avery may I ask you something in confidence.  I even give you a dollar so you have to keep it between us. Okay here is your check let's go to my office. 

I tell my secretary to not disturb I am in a meeting. I enter my office and Casey is standing up.

Avery I know you know Mario. How well do you know him? I know him pretty well..What's wrong Casey? I heard Mario is divorced because he cheated on his wife when he lived in southern California as an actor and television reporter. Yes that is true.  Casey my cousin won't cheat on you. Casey I haven't told anyone.  My wife,Nazanin,  Rachel and Adrienne are the only ones who live in Sacramento knows he has been seeing someone for several years now.  They act more like friends only because of her job as an actress. She lives with Arienne when she works in Los Angelo's.  She is well off say over a million dollars. She is 7 years younger than him. She does quite well for herself. He got in 2012 in Mexico by the ocean. They lost their son, Dominic who was only 8 years old and they both don't want anymore kids. They had one son together and he drowned. They don't talk much about him or their families.  They both are orphans. How sad. Please don't repeat this to anyone. I won't.  Does Jane know about the wedding? No June and I only found out because of Arienne. Thanks for telling me. Your welcome. They have kept the marriage a secret for all these years because they are somewhat private with their personal lives. Her parents, sister,  brother in law,  brother and his wife are deceased too.

We hug and he leaves.   

My office phone rings and I answer it.

Jane this is Mario Lopez. Please add my wife as an occupant to the lease when I move in. I have been married since 2012, but didn't care for how the media handled it especially now since our son , Dominic was killed recently by drowning. I will and I am so sorry for both of your losses.  You saved me a phone call. The house will be ready by no later than Sunday. You can move in earlier if you like for the same price. I will leave the keys and the alarm code and password with my secretary in an envelope.  Thanks for the update and understanding. Your welcome. I will be by today to get it. What time does your office close? 5.  Bye. Bye.

I write the information in an envelope with the keys. One for the electrical panel. I seal it , address it  hand it to my secretary before I leave for the jail.