xv

They kicked Michael out of the room and placed chains on his hands so he wouldn't escape again. They weren't leading him to any cell but somewhere else he couldn't imagine. They walked past a few doors when they reached the end of the corridoor. They opened the door.

Michael could feel the beat of his heart so loud that he could actually hear it in his head. When he saw where the policemen lead him, he felt weak on the knees because he knew the end was close.

It was a little room with a dim light being the only source of lightness. And he wasn't a claustrophobic person but this moment he totally was. He had a panic attack, actually he couldn't breath and he was really trying to stay calm but it was pointless.

He couldn't accept the fact that his life is going to end soon. So then he started screaming to the policemen.

"REALLY, I'M INNOCENT, I'VE NEVER DONE THESE THINGS. I WAS INTOXICATED, MY WORDS WEREN'T TRUE. IT'S ILLEGAL TO LISTEN TO A DRUNK PERSON. I MEAN WHY TO BELIEVE A DRUNK PERSON WHO CAN SAY WHATEVER HE WANTS AND NOT TO LISTEN TO A SOBER PERSON WHO HAS CLEAR THOUGHTS AND MIND AND CAN TALK AND CONFESS EVERYTHING. I CAN'T UNDERSTAND.WHY TO END MY LIFE LIKE THIS?" Michael cried.

"Firstly, calm down. Secondly, you should have thought about this before. Don't try to act like an innocent person when you have killed so many innocent people." the policeman said to him with seriousness. Michael didn't say anything after this.

"Take a seat,feel like it's your home." the other policeman said sarcastically. They laughed. And if michael he wasn't in this situation right now, he would have killed them probably for making him feel this way.

He sat on the chair as they wrapped leather straps around him. He felt to trapped, he could feel his cold sweat running down his face, from his forehead to his cheeks and down. They connected a copper electrode with his leg. Right after a doctor appeared and walked at him. Michael hadn't visited one of them for ages and he felt so uncomfortable. He shaved his head and Michael touched it immidiatelly not believing that his favourite blue hair was on the floor. A copper helmet was placed on his head. He felt it so heavy, he would have felt down if those leather straps weren't so tight. Everyone stepped back, walking away from him. He looked around seeing the cold room again.

"NO DON'T LEAVE ME HERE. I DON'T WANT TO DIE. I SWEAR I'M A NICE PERSON. PLEASE LET ME FREE. I-I PROMISE I HAVE CHANGED I'M A NICE PERSON." he cried his lungs out as his look dropped to the dark floor. "I'm a nice person..." he whispered trying to control his tears.

His face shined when he noticed Mr. Peter was walking at his direction. He didn't seem to feel angry or anything bad towards Michael. He stopped in frond of him, looking with an empty look.

"What would you say to your victims now?" Mr. Peter asked Michael calmly.

"So I would say hello to them at first-"

"No. Pretend I'm them."

"Hello, I'm Michael Clifford. I'm the person who ended your life. And I have to say I'm regreting it. I'm sorry but now I'm a nice person because I have changed." Michael stated.

"Do you feel alright with yourself now? Don't you want to say anything to each of them?"

"Basically to my girl, Marina, I'd like to say that I always loved her and alcohol takes the control so easily. To my Vicky's mother, that she deserved it because she would never like me because she always said I look like a freak. To my Vicky, that it was an accident, a clear accident. To Luke, that boy I met this year, that I just tried to protect myself but I'm so sorry about that because he seemed to be so cool and I wish he was alive and finally Luke's girl, I would say "Okay bitch I know nothing about you but your boy was hot as hell." That's all. I can't remember any other people. Just shades, blurry shades." Michael said honestly feeling so much lighter than before.

Mr. Peter smirked at him and Michael smiled back.

"So now I'm free?"