[2. Bad Weather]

"Listen up, (Y/n). It's time for you to start learning all you need to know to master your abilities. Isn't that exciting!?"

Jiu Yuzhou grinned widely in front of you.

Right now, you two were on Flower Fruit Mountain for you to train. Usually, you practiced in an abandoned construction building but now you moved here. Jiu Yuzhou said because she wanted more room to train you but you know damn well that's not her main reason.

She definitely wanted to annoy Monkey King for showing up here without permission.

But ever since you laid a foot on this island, Monkey King didn't notice you two were here.

It's possible that Jiu Yuzhou told the monkeys not to tell him that you two were here or... she was already in good terms with him so she asked his permission.

"Technically your abilities, right?" You raised an eyebrow, looking up to Jiu Yuzhou.

"Nopee. You have your own," Jiu Yuzhou said as if it weren't a big deal. She then crouched down and busied herself with scribbling something on the sand.

"Oh, okay," You hummed before you realized something was off about what she said, "Wait... what?! What do you mean I have my own?! If I have my own, why do you keep reminding that I have to borrow yours?! Other than the ability to make a shield/barrier of course."

Jiu Yuzhou stopped scribbling as she stayed silent for some time. Her cheerful demeanor abruptly changed into one that seemed more troubled or possibly frightened.

'Did I say something wrong-'

"How can I say this... Our abilities can be surprisingly unpredictable," Jiu Yuzhou said after taking a deep breath. She then continued, "It is both a blessing and a curse..."

You tilted your head with interest.

"I am unable to define it as good or evil since it falls between black and white. The definition of terror or a savior are both possible for it." She bit her lip, trying to restrain herself from saying more, "Yet..."

'Yet??'

She then shook her head, "Anyway, our abilities absolutely cannot be taught by the wrong teacher or fall into the wrong hands. Hence, the reason I'm here! The world's most amazing kindhearted grandmother will teach you how to control it!"

Despite your concerns and interest in what she wanted to say before, you simply chuckled and went with the flow.

"Now, let me recall what I taught you these last few years." She appeared to be deep in thought as she struck a thinking pose.