Chapter 1

You may be wondering how a small-town girl like me got the hockey god that is Aiden Gray. I was confused, how could someone so hot and talented ever cross paths with me. But before I get ahead of myself let me take you to the beginning of our story.

Aaliyah

I'm going crazy. I look down at my dorm checklist and I barley have any of the stuff for my room. The only things checked off are bedding, led lights, and my purple bean bag chair. I still need a mini fridge, the weed tapestry that is stuck in my amazon cart, and much more if I'm going to survive my freshman year of college.

See I wouldn't call myself a nerd, but I am interested in learning new things. That interest is what caused me to graduate high school with a 3.0 GPA. My parents always wanted me to go to college, so they were hype as hell when my acceptance letter from Briar University finally came. My mother went to Briar when she was my age, so she practically died on the spot as we read the letter together. I tried to play it cool but honestly, I was just as excited as her. I'm from a small town in New York that is three hours away from Manhattan. This means I have only been to the city twice since my parents refuse to drive me and I don't have my license yet.

I can't wait to leave this town and see what the beautiful city of Boston has to offer me. Okay to be honest Briar is in Hastings Massachusetts but that's only a mile or two from Boston. I graduated high school two months ago in June and it was bittersweet. I'm going to miss all my friends especially my best friend Jordyn. She and I have known each other since the first grade and have been inseparable ever since. Unfortunately, we're parting ways for college. With me going to Briar and her going to Spellman College in Georgia.

We have spent most of the summer nights living it up before college. We smoked hella loud on her roof, went to parties, got drunk as hell, and much more that I can't repeat for legal purposes. It was the best summer ever and now it's time to say goodbye and pack up the car for the ride to Massachusetts. I walk out of my room and head toward the stairs. As I walk down, I can hear my mother and Jordyn talking. "I know I am going to miss her too," said Jordyn. My mother and her always had a mother and daughter bond which makes us sisters.

When I get downstairs my mother and Jordyn are in the kitchen. Mom decorated it with blue and white balloons which are Briar's school colors. There is also a huge sign that spells out Aaliyah's send off in gold letters with handwriting that I recognize to be Jordyn's. Mom gives me a vanilla cupcake with blue frosting, and I take a bite. It's delicious but I'm not surprised everything that she makes taste amazing. I have the best mom and friend in the world. I love them so much.

  Dad walks in threw the front door and the sad expression on his face tells me that he's done packing up the car. I know my parents don't want me to leave but at the same time they're proud of me for wanting to go out into the world on my own. "We need to leave in the next fifth teen minutes if we're going to beat the lunch rush" says mom. "Okay Jordyn and I have one last thing to do then I'll be ready" I said. My parents nod but I can see they want me to elaborate on what it is that we must do by the looks on their faces. Before they could get the chance to ask, I grab Jordyn's wrist and pull her towards the stairs.

We rush into my small room; the walls cover with my favorite movie posters. I have a bookshelf in the corner by my window. It was full this morning but now there are some gaps since I packed some of the books in my suitcase. If you thought that I was going to leave without my copy of The Sun is also a Star by Nicola Yoon and the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, then you are crazy. I loved reading ever since I was a little girl, and my parents would take turns reading me a bedtime story. Goodnight moon was my absolute favorite.

  "So, what is the last thing we have to do" Jordyn ask confused. I get off my queen size bed with black sheets and walk over to my white dresser. I pull open the top drawer and grab the massive joint inside. "This" I say while holding it up for Jordyn to see. She smiles and says, "hell yeah". "You know me so well because that goes perfect with what I got you" Jordyn announces.

She pulls out a green and black lighter from her bag and hands it to me. I take the lighter and read the words on it. The lighter reads the words Best Buds in black letters and is covered in greed weed leaves. "I love it" I say while I use it to light up the joint. I inhale the smoke and hold it for a little while then breathe it out. I'm going to miss our smoke seshes. I take another two pulls then pass it to Jordyn. "God I'm going to miss you" she says as if she can read my mind. "Me too bitch" I reply. We smoke and chat about all our favorite memories together like the time we both got mono because we played spin the bottle at a birthday party in the 8th grade. "I am so fucking lit right now" Jordyn declares. "Bitch I'm high as hell" I second. We burst out laughing.

I can't wait to come home for winter break and see her again. "Are you ready" mom calls out. I look down at the joint in my hand its almost finished. "In five minutes" I shout. Mom doesn't say anything back so she must have walked off. I light the joint back up and start smoking again. Jordyn is on her phone texting someone while smiling a little too hard. "Who the hell are you texting?" I question. She darts her head up and looks uneased. She looks like she's debating on telling me the truth or not.

"Just tell me Jordie." After thinking about it for a minute she finally opens her mouth to speak. "Okay I'm texting Javion but don't hate me" she says. I shake my head. Javion is Jordyn's ex-boyfriend. Why is he her ex you might ask? Simple, I think he earned that tittle when she caught him kissing a 11th grade girl in the gym at school a week before graduation. I can't fuck with him after that. I told Jordyn we should have let her brother beat his ass.

"You deserve so much better babes. But I can't force you to stop texting him". Trust me I tried, and it didn't go too well hence her still texting him. "I know but he wants to make it up to me before I leave". "Whatever just promise me that when a nice guy in Georgia wants to go on a date with you that you will let him. Don't let Javion get in the way of you meeting a nice guy who respects you." "I promise" she says while we link up our pinkies.

  The joint is finished, and I feel good as fuck. "Let's take one last picture before you go" Jordyn says. I grab my phone from my nightstand and go to the camera app. Jordyn gets close to me while we both smile at the camera with our middle fingers up. I take the photo then Jordyn and I look at it. Our eyes are as low as Javion's IQ. Sorry but he must be dumb as hell to mess things up with Jordyn she's a queen. Jordyn is understanding, kind, and has the biggest heart ever. "Send that to me bitch" Jordyn shouts. I nod my head while I post the picture to my Instagram story. I caption it last smoke sesh with multiple crying emojis.

"When you make your new friends don't forget me okay" Jordyn says. She has this crazy idea in her head that since I am going to a rich kid school on a full scholarship that I will befriend some rich girl and leave her in the dust. "That is never going to happen because I will never meet anyone that is even half as amazing as you Jordie" I remind her. We both look at each other with tears in our eyes. This is it, after over ten years of being best friends and going to the same school we finally have to say goodbye. Jordyn pulls me into a bear hug that squeezes me so tight I might break a rib.

  After staying like that for a couple of seconds I grab the love spell perfume from my nightstand and spray it all over me. My parents are cool with me smoking but I don't want them to know that it's the reason why we haven't got on the road yet. They would be pissed. When I finish, I pass it over to Jordyn. She sprays herself too since her parents are a little stricter than mine and hate when she smokes.
She places the perfume back on the nightstand and hugs me again. "I love you Lee" she says with a huge smile. "I love you too bitch" I reply. We leave my room and I take one last look around before we head downstairs.