Chapter 10

Aaliyah
I wake up with a raging hangover. Last night was fun. I think back to dancing with Aiden. I can still feel the warmth his body on me. I wonder is it going to be weird between us now.

I haven't gotten anything else from my campus hater so I think things died down. "I'm never drinking again" Charlotte swears. Yeah right.

"Girl bye. I'll believe it when I see it." "Can we please get breakfast. I'm starving" Charlotte begs.

I'm hungry too but I'm trying to lose weight. "You go ahead I'm not hungry" I say. "Fine but you owe me a joint later for making me go alone".

"I can give you one tomorrow." "That's what I like to hear" Charlotte says while heading out. I start on some homework. These classes are no joke. I gotta work really hard to do well.

After a hour I take a break to do my laundry. I gather up my dirty clothes in my hot pink laundry bag and head to the laundry room in my building. The room isn't crowded there's only four people inside.

At one of the washers stands Aiden. Ofc he's here right now. "What's up Aaliyah" Aiden says once he notices me. "Sorry do I know you" I pretend. "Damn that's harsh. I thought I was your best friend".

I giggle remembering how bad he wanted that tittle. "Nah it's still Tyler". "Whatever" he mumbles. I don't know why I thought it was going to be awkward talking to Aiden.

This right now feels so natural. I put my clothes in the washer next to him. Then I start the machine. "Do you want to smoke while we wait for our clothes".

"I don't have any weed" I say. "I got you" Aiden says. This boy is the best. "In that case let's go Jock." Aiden leads me back to his room. When we get there it's empty.

Part of me is glad that we're alone but the other part was hoping that Tyler would be here so things wouldn't get out of hand. I hope he doesn't start talking about how he regrets flirting with me last night.

"Did you get a hangover from last night too" I ask. My head is still killing me. It feels like someone is using it as a soccer ball. "Nahh that's for the weak" he chuckles.

"I'm not weak. I just had too much to drink". "Here this will help" he hands me a pearled blunt. It looks like one of King Kong's fingers. "This is a fat ass blunt" I tell him. "Big blunts only" Aiden grins.

I watch as a bright flame erupts from the lighter and use it to give the joint a cherry kiss. Aiden puts on an episode of Big Mouth. He sits next to me. He does something that I don't expect, he lays his head on my lap.

I'm tempted to touch his dark locks. I pass the blunt to him and give into temptation. I brush my hand against his hair. It's soft like baby blanket. Aiden doesn't stop me so my confidence grows.

Now I'm playing with his hair and gently scratching his scalp. "That feels good. Don't stop" he says. "Fine but it's a $15 fee" I joke. "In that case you can stop" he laughs. "Broke boy" I say.

"Never that, I'm just rational". I keep playing with his hair. I can smell his shampoo. Is that coconut? "Our clothes should be done" I say.

"Bet I'll go put them in the dryer and you can put on a movie" he offers. He's so sweet. "Are you sure" I ask. "I wouldn't have said it if I wasn't."

"Okay and do you have anything to drink." "Yeah you can get whatever you like out of my mini fridge". Aiden leaves the room and I grab a Dr. Pepper.

I scan through Netflix looking for something good to watch. After a minute I finally choose Outer Banks. I heard a lot of good things about this show. Hopefully it lives up to the hype.