Chapter 17

Aaliyah
The gang and I rush out the building and get to Aiden's car. "Rock, paper, scissors for shotgun" Tyler challenges me.

I look him dead in the eye saying "you're on." I form a fist while we start, hitting it against my other hand. "Rock, paper, scissors, shoot" we say in unison.

I form a rock while Tyler forms scissors. I smirk at him while I hop into the passenger seat. "Not fair you cheated" he pouts. I roll my eyes. Once we get to the mall Tyler drags us to the food court.

We all decide to get Wendy's. I order a 10 pics spicy chicken nuggets with fries and a Dr. Pepper. Just when I'm about to pay, Aiden hands the girl behind the counter his debit card.

I slap his arm and he just smiles at me. I start to tell him I'll pay him back but once I open my mouth he says "don't worry about it."

I turn my head from him to hide the smile growing across my face. Aiden is such a nice guy. We find a booth to sit and eat that is far from everyone else. It almost feels like we're in our own world.

"Did y'all hear about the boy who got caught selling weed on our floor" Char gossips. "Don't even bring that shit up" Tyler groans.

"What's wrong with you" I ask. He doesn't answer so Aiden says "That was his plug so now he has to find a new one." Charlotte and I laugh at time. That must suck. "I can put you on to mine" I tell Tyler.

"Who do you cop from" he asks. "You know the sophomore on the football team he has a brother in our class who sells." Aiden changes the subject by saying "the first game of the season is coming up soon. Are y'all gonna support ya boys?"

"We'll be there" Char says a little too excited. I roll my eyes at her. "If I go with you, you gotta promise to chill out" I tell her. Last time she almost fought some girl over a guy.

To be fair he was fine as fuck and the other girl was disrespectful as hell. Char just brushes me off and the boys look at us really confused.

"If a bitch gets in my way of meeting my future husband, I'm gonna cut that hoe" Char let's us know. See this is why I can't be going out with her all the time. She's real life crazy.

After we eat the first store we go to is H&M. Char and the boys go to their size brackets and start looking through the clothes.

I do the walk of shame over to the plus size section. I browse through trying to find a hidden gem but surprise surprise, there's nothing but ugly ass shit.

My grandma wouldn't even wear this shit. I let out a frustrated groan. Why is it so hard to find cute clothing that fits bigger bodies.

Like I want to dress on trend not look like i'm an old ass woman with 3 grandkids. I look over to find Charlotte and I see her with a mountain of clothes in her arms. Jealousy washes on me and turns me green.

Aiden
Tyler and I look around the Men's section of H&M. He shows be a cool as t-shirt that has Eminem on it.

"You should get it bro" I tell him. Then my eyes wonder over to where Aaliyah is. She has a dreadful expression on her face like she wants to scream and let out her pain.

I'm not really sure that's bothering her but my guess is based on her empty hands she can't find anything she likes. I don't understand why that upsets her so much but I don't like seeing her so upset.

I walk over to her and say "let's go to Footlocker. I need your help picking out some sneakers." I can tell she's grateful as hell by the way her eyes shine up at me.

Charlotte and Tyler stay behind while Aaliyah and I leave the store. Footlocker is blasting Hiss by Megan thee Stallion.

Aaliyah and I head over to the Men's section and browse around. "I'm going for something simple but fly at the same time" I say.