Chapter 12

Aiden
"Beep Beep" my alarm clock rings. I'm awaked by the loud noise. I turn off my alarm and see that Aaliyah texted me.

Aaliyah🥰:

Me: Nobody: Rafe: "I'm drowning" - Aboggie with da hoddie voice

Me: Nobody:
Rafe: "I'm drowning" - Aboggie with da hoddie voice.

We've been sending each other Outer Banks memes since we started season 1. Aaliyah always finds the funniest ones. Ward is a terrible dad. I can't believe he stole the gold.

"Who are you texting" Tyler questions. I roll my eyes and say "Aaliyah." Tyler smirks at me and says "when are you gonna stop playing games and get with her." He's so annoying.

I'm not getting with anyone and I'm definitely aren't playing games. "For the hundredth time we're just friends." "Whatever you say AG." "Are you ready for tomorrow's game" I ask.

Tyler smiles "I'm pumped. We're gonna win." I like his attitude. "Hell yeah we are." My good mood decreases when I remember that my mom and Greg are coming. At least I have dad and crap I forgot to ask Aaliyah.

Me: My hockey game is tomorrow at 2pm.
I better see you in the stands cheering me on 👀

Aaliyah🥰: Charlotte is dragging me to the game anyways. She wants to meet her future Jack Hughes 🤣🤣

Me: Lmfaoooo hopefully she does. I want you to wear my practice jersey to the game 🫣

Aaliyah: No I don't want to

Me: Why not?

I never had a girl say they didn't want to wear my jersey before. Back home, girls use to fight over who got to wear it on game day. This is the first time I asked a friend. It kind of means a lot to me.

She doesn't text back. She can't just not give me a reason. "Tyler what should I do" I show him the text messages.

After taking a moment to read the messages he says "I would just talk to her face to face. She seems like something is up but afraid you might judge her."

Tyler is wiser than you would think. His baby face makes him look naïve and immature but he's the opposite.

"Your right. Thanks man" I fist bump him. I'm going to see what's up with Aaliyah. I knock on her door. After a few seconds Charlotte answers. "Hey Aiden."

Her fiery hair is styled in beach curls and does down her back. "Hey Char. Is Aaliyah here." Charlotte grins "She's in the lobby with Grace." "Bet. Thanks Char" I say.

Before I can walk away Charlotte stops me. "Hey. Do you like her" she questions. Why is everyone asking me that. "No we're just friends" I emphasize. Charlotte doesn't believe me. "If you hurt her, I'll cut off your balls and stuff them up your ass" her 5'2 self threatens.